Mrs. Kamalabai has completed B.A from Karnatak University, B.Ed. from Bangalore University, M.A., (History), M.A (Kannada) from KSOU, and M.Ed. from Karnatak University. Presently doing Ph.D. from Dravidian University, Andhra pradesh.
Experience:Mrs. Kamalabai has started her career as a teacher in DBE High School of Devar Hipparagi, Bijapur in 1999 and continued her service till 2006. Later, she worked as a Lecturer in Shree Nandi D.Ed. College, Basavan Bagewadi, Bijapurfrom 2007 till 2010. Since, 2015, she is working as a Kannada Lecturer in Dob Bosco Independent PU College. Altogether, she has put in 12 years of teaching experience.
Skills: Mrs. Kamalabai is good at creative teaching ability, good class room management , Effective communication , subject Knowledge, good rapport with students and parents. She is Dynamic, Optimistic, Self-Motivated, & efficient in dealing with the problems.
Expertise /Specialization:Mrs. Kamalabai has got trained in her B.Ed. with Methodologies of teaching Kannada & History and has chosen the electives like Educational and Vocational Guidance. During her Post-graduation studies, she has selected the Criminology, Sociology , Education and History subjects for specialization.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Mrs.kamalabai.S.K, has handled the academic responsibilities such as: conducting the examinations at all levels, allotting the invigilation duty, arranging class rooms for Examinations, preparing time tables and documenting the progress reports. She is good at guiding and counselling the students on various academic issues; She is good at organizing and anchoring for various functions, celebrations, Intra and Inter-collegiate competitions, quiz programmes, debates and discussions. She was assigned by the Department of Education of Karnataka state, to conduct special teaching classes for school dropouts.
Mrs.Kamalabai.S.K is a member of Women’s writers Association since 2010. She has participated in the Talent festival organized, by the Govt. of Karnataka in 2014, at Ravindra Kalakshetra and won the I prize in singing competition.
Courses Handled :
She taught Kannada and History subjects from 5th to 10th standards at school level and Kannada and History subjects to PUC and BA classes. At D,Ed. Level, she taught Kannada and Education and Conducted special classes in Social Sciences, GK and Kannada subjects for Navodaya Kendriya Vidyalaya students.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• Kamalabai.S.K (2013).Spoorthi. College Book House.Bangalore.Karnataka. (This is the self dipiction of 77 poems, which deal with the environment, spirituality, children, Women, Education, religion and self experience with the society) ISBN: 9789381979242
• Kamalabai.S.K (2014). Mrs. Kamalabai’s poem ”Moully” was selected to be printed in Bendreyavar Noorondu Nenapu. By Sahithya Prakashan, Bengaluru Karnataka (This is the collection of 220 poems of D.R Benrdre.]
• Kamalabai.S.K (2014). Article about the Kannada bhasha prachinathe mattu other Mahatva Published in Sindagi Taluku smarana Sanchike.
Research Area :She has under taken the research on “A study of the examination fears of SSLC students and the possible solutions” in 2007, for her M.Ed project work .The case study was conducted as a survey of high schools students of Bijapur district, Karnataka. Now, she has selected the topic “mahila kadambarigalli pouranika sthree patra Chithrana” for doing her Ph.D., in Dravidian university, Andhra Pradesh.
• Mrs.Kamalabai S.K is actively participating in speech, debate, singing competitions and won many prizes.
• She lead a KoKo team as a captain and was the winner of throw ball and running race events.
• She worked as a teacher at sabhala Institution ,an NGO, for school dropouts & adults. She has taken up the responsibility of supervising five villages in Bijapur district for the implementation of the same programme.
• She has presented a Roopak “Kuvempuravara vaicharika drustikona “and kavana vachana “Bharathanmbeya Alalu” organized by Dharawad Akashavani Kendra In 1995.
• She has Participated in Aids Awareness workshop, organized by Karnataka University Dharwad, and presented Aids Awareness special talks, in many colleges in Bijapur district, in 1996.
• She has Worked as a trainer for Saksharatha Andolana Teachers & the editor of “Ashkara Gummata “Kannada magazine published by Janaandolana Vedike in association with Education Department and District commissioner of Bijapur & Gulburga 1994-1996.
• She has Worked as a youth Communication Trainer for the state, organized by the Department of Sports and Youth Service Center, Vidyanagar, Bangalore, in 2003.
• She has participated in sindagi Sahitya Sammelana, the first Kannada Sahitya sammelan of Vijayanagar constituency, presented a poem and was felicitated for the poetry reading, in 2013. And 2014 respectively.