Mrs. Dharani Devi. K is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Management Studies at DON BOSCO Institute of Management Studies and Computer Applications and has 18yrs of teaching experience. She has received MBA Degree in HR and Marketing from Sri Venkateshwara University and pursuing Ph.D from Rayalaseema University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Contributing to teaching which involves delivery of the course, preparing, maintaining and improving competence in subjects taught, preparing teaching material, participation in course development, reviewing and updating the course outline, setting examination papers, assessments and maintain performance record of students. Supervising the students in related projects. Contributing to the development, planning and implementation of high quality education. Participating in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department. Pursuing research independently and collaboratively which can flow into teaching and learning. Providing a learning environment by making effective utilization of resources. Serving loyally to the organization through the committees assigned.
Courses Handled :
Human Resource Management, Business ethics, Business communication, Management and organization concepts, Marketing management, Organizational development, Change Management, Competency mapping, Training and development, Organization structure, process and design, International HRM, International business management, Logistics & supply chain management, Change and knowledge management, Personal growth and interpersonal development, Consumer behaviour, Sales and distribution management, Employee relationship management, Strategic management, Organizational behaviour, Rural marketing, Learning and Development, Performance Management system, Strategic Management etc
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Dean HR ,Chairman and coordinator for Internal Quality assurance cell, Career counselling cell, Grievance redressal cell, community service association, women empowerment cell, Knowledge generation committee, Administrative Advisory Committee, Planning board committee, Sexual harassment elimination committee.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• Participated in symposium on “Role of management education in sustainable development of SAARC Region” at Bangalore University on 8th Dec, 2016.
• Participated in seminar on FDI in Indian Economy, at JSS auditorium on 12th Sep, 2014.
• Participated in FDP at CBSMS from 14th Dec, 2013 to 1st Feb, 2014.
• Attended workshop on Strategic Management and Industry analysis at Christ University on 29th Nov, 2013.
• Participated in HR Conclave on Recent Best Practices in HRM for Excellence at PES on 28th Sep, 2013.
• Participated in FDP organized by DBIBMS at DBIBMS on 5th July, 2013.
• Presented paper on Employer duty of core in International Conference on India Inc. Innovative Management Strategies at Don Bosco Group of Institutions on 5th to 7th Jan 2012.
• Presented paper on Sustainable development and Industrial Sustainability at Don Bosco Group of Institutions on 5th to 7th Jan 2012.
• Participated in a national workshop on New Vistas in diversifying India’s Agri Business sector at Jain University on 27th March 2010.
• Participated in Faculty Awareness Camp on Entrepreneurship (FACE) at Bangalore Institute of Technology from 14th to 16th June 2008.
• Attended short term training programme on Paradigm Shift in HRM at Bangalore Institute of Technology from 9th to 13th June 2008.
• Participated in Training and Development Programme at MSRIT on 28th Feb, 2007.
• Participated in Faculty Development Programme on Train the Trainer at The Oxford College of Engineering on 19th Aug 2006.
Research Area :A study on “Quality of work life balance with reference to IT and NON IT sector” in Bangalore.
• Lifetime membership in NIPM
• Lifetime membership in NHRD
• Lifetime membership in BMA