Dr.K.Thriveni Kumari Dr.K.Thriveni Kumari, MBA,M.Phil,PGDFM,Ph.D, 13 years, HOD& Associate Professor, Marketing,HR,Statistics and Research Methodology
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
The primary responsibility is to plan and schedule the events in the context of University and course and prepare departmental strategy supported by relevant that define the aims and objectives of the department for developing and promoting the internal and external profile of the department. Advising and contributing to curriculum development under the direction and guidance of respective management and University and coordinating the teaching and learning of subjects within the departmental projects as initiated. Holding regular departmental meetings and performing the duties of faculty and Head for a particular subject or group of subjects.
Courses Handled :
Research Methodology, Statistics, General Management related subjects, Marketing Management related subjects and Human Resource Management related subjects and International Business.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
• Research Committee
• Annual Planning Committee
• Knowledge Generation Committee
• Paper titled “Work Life Conflict of Women Employees in Selected Sectors” is published in Pacific business review International (ISSN 0974-438X), in October-December 2016, Volume 9, Issue 6, Impact factor 3.32
• Paper titled “ Changing Consumer Preferences Towards Organized Retailing from Unorganized Retailing: An Empirical Study on Selective Retails At Bangalore” is published in International Journal of Retailing and Rural Business Perspectives © Pezzottaite Journals ( ISSN 2279-0934) , in July-September 2016, Volume 5, Number 3, Pages 2348-2365 , Impact factor: 6.622.
• Paper titled “A study on Work Life balance Practices of Women Employees For Quality Work force In Selected Services Sectors In Bangalore” is published in AIMS Journal of Research, in September 2015, Volume 10, Issue 2
• Paper titled “Study on Analysis of Stress on Work-Life-Balance of women employees with Special reference to Selected Service Sectors” is published in 1st Annual Business Research Conference (ISBN 978-5254-124-9), in October 2015, Volume 1, Pages 151-164
• Paper titled “A study on Work Life Balance of women employees in selected service sectors” is published in Pacific Business Review International (ISSN-0974-438X) Impact factor =1.064, in April 2015, Volume 7, Issue 10, Pages 17-23.
• Paper titled “A study on satisfaction level in work life balance of women employees in selected service sectors with special reference to Bangalore” is published in Asia Pacific Journals (ISBN: 978-81-930411-5-4) in April 2015, Volume 2, special issue, Pages 285-289.
• Paper titled “A study on factors affecting the work life balance of women employees at Bangalore” is published by JIMS 8M journal in October-December 2014, Volume 19 Issue 4, Page: 3-11.
• Paper titled “Work-Life Balance of Women Employees – A challenge for the Employee and the Employer in 21st Century” is published in Pacific Business Review International (ISSN- 0974-438) in December, 2013, Volume 6, Issue 6, Page: 33-40.
• Paper titled “Work Life Balance Issues of women Employees: A study in Bangalore city of Karnataka” is published in Siddhant- A journal of decision making (ISSN- 2231-0657) in July- September, 2013, volume 13, Issue-3, Page: 171-178.
• Paper titled “Impact of demographic variables on work life balance of women employees with special reference to Bangalore city”, is published in International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics (IJAME), ISSN No: 2278-3369, in Nov-Dec-2012, Vol.1, Issue-6, Page. 226-229.
• Paper titled “Striking a healthy work life balance”, is published in Golden Research Thoughts (Monthly multidisciplinary research journal), with impact factor of 0.1870, ISSN No: 2231-5063, volume 2, Issue 4, October 2012, page.1-3.
• Paper tilted “Impact of work life balance on women employees absenteeism and turnover-an emerging paradigm in issues of HR practices”, is published in Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies, ISSN No- 2249-8834, Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2012, pg.132-141.
• Paper titled “Impact of stress on work life balance of women employees with reference to BPO and Education sectors in Bangalore”, is published in International Journal of Research and Commerce, IT and Management, ISSN No: 2231-5756, Volume No.1, December 2011, Issue No.7, Page 129-133.
PAPER PRESENTATION - INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL AND STATE WIDE SEMINARS :
• Paper presented on “Strategies implemented for work life balance of women employees in different sectors” held at Don Bosco Institute of Bio Sciences and Management Studies held on 18th March 2016 and book published with ISBN 978-93-5544-384-7 pg-24-38.
• Paper presented on “A study on strategies Implemented for Ethics in Work Life Balance of Women Employees” held at St.Joseph college of Commerce, Bangalore during 31st August and 1st September, 2015
• Presented a paper entitled on “A study on satisfaction level of work life balance of women employees in selected service sectors with special reference to Bangalore” held at RNSIT college, Bangalore during 29th and 30th April 2015
• Presented a paper entitled “Effect of Gandhism in Business Ethics” at International Conference in Management and Education Practice ICMEP 2009 at Saint Mary’s University, Philippines during 20th to 22nd February 2009.
• Paper presented on “ Study on Analysis Of Stress on Work Life Balance of Women Employees With Special Reference to Selected Service Sectors, at 1st Annual Business Research conference held at Don Bosco Institute of Bio Sciences and Management Studies, Bangalore held on 9th October 2015.
• Participated in national conference on “Opportunities and challenges with consolidation of banks with special reference to India” at S.E.A.College of Science Commerce and Arts, Bangalore held on 12th March 2013.
• Paper Titled “Business Opportunities and Constraints for women entrepreneurs in India” was presented in National Conference on Economic Revival: Business Perspectives and Opportunities held on 29th and 30th April 2010 at St.Joseph Engineering College, Vamanjoor, Mangalore.
• Participated in “National Conference in Understanding Indian Consumer held at AMC college , Bangalore on 4-09-2009.
• Paper titled”Institutional arrangements for agricultural and rural credit” was presented in UGC National Seminar conducted on “Inclusive Rural Banking” in March 2007 at Nagarjuna University, Guntur
• Paper titled “Building up a Prosperous and powerful India: Managerial Visions and Entrepreneurship” was presented in National Seminar on “Managerial Visions and Entrepreneurship” in September 2006 at Montessori Mahila Kalasala, Labbipet, Vijayawada.
• Paper titled “Enhancing Competitiveness of Higher Education through E-Learning” was presented in UGC sponsored National Level Seminar on “Higher Education: realities, challenges, trends and priorities” in July 2006 ANR College, Gudivada.
• Paper titled “E-Marketing in India – A review” was presented in UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on “E-Marketing” in February 2004 at The Hindu College, Machilipatnam.
• Paper titled “Recent Economic Reforms in Andhra Pradesh and their Impact” was presented in UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on “Micro Finance” in August 2003 at The Hindu College, Machilipatnam.
Faculty Development Programs :
• Participated in Executive Development Program (EDP) conducted by Institute of Management Development And Research- centre for Banking and Finance on “Accelerating Financial Inclusion to enable Economic Progress held on 7th March 2016.
• Participated in Management Development Program (MDP) conducted by Institute of Management Development and Research- centre for Banking and Finance on “Creating Sustainable Living through Micro Finance” held on 23rd February 2016.
• Participated in Management Development Program (MDP) conducted by Christ University on “Data Analysis using R Statistical Software” held on 23rd and 24th November 2015.
• Participated in FDP conducted by Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Bangalore on “Project Work Orientation” held on 8th June 2015.
• Participated in FDP program conducted by AMITY Global Business School, Bangalore on “Teacher’s Professional Capital-A Tool for Nation Building” held on 20th February 2015.
• Participated in FDP program conducted by Don Bosco Institute of Bio-Sciences and Management Studies, Bangalore on “An overview of Taxes and Tax Planning held on 14th February 2015.
• Participated in FDP program conducted by Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Bangalore on “Orientation on Research Methodology” held on 12th February 2015
• Participated in Staff Development Program conducted by Koneru Lakshmaiah Education foundation (KLEF) University, sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi on the topic Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis using SPSS held during March 17th to 30th 2010.
• Participated in Faculty development Program conducted by Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering from 3rd to 7th November 2008.
• Participated in Faculty Development Program conducted by Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad from 7th to 13th September 2007.
Work Shop Programs:
• Participated in one day workshop on “ How to Sell Yourself for a Better Price” at RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 28th April 2016
• Participated in Work shop conducted by Don Bosco Institute of Bio Sciences and Management Studies, Bangalore on “ERP and E- Commerce” held on April 25th 2015.
• Participated in NAAC sponsored Two Day National Level workshop conducted by Akkineni Nageswara Rao College, Gudivada on “Benchmarking In Institutions of Higher Learning held during 22nd and 23rd January, 2007.
Research Area : Her research interest is focused on work life balance, cross cultural issues of employees, online retailing and employee engagement.
• She has technical knowledge in SPSS and R software. She has organized and participated in various workshops, conferences and seminars.
• Given 12 paper presentations (3 international and 9 national) in various conferences conducted across India out of which one paper was presented at Saint Mary University Philippines for which UGC Travel Grant Commission was received.