Mr.S.M.Ravi kumar is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru.He is having 23 years of teaching experience in UG courses and 4 years of Industrial experiance in a MNC at New Delhi. He obtained his B.E Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Karnatak University and Mtech degree in Production Engineering systems technology from UBDT Davangere. He has presented colloquium for his PhD thesis at JNTU Hyderabad .He has taken course of 6 months in Continuing education programme in Advanced FEM at IISC and obtained A grade.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Developed CIM and Automation lab and Computer aided modeling and analysis lab at DBIT from scratch having vast experience in working softwares like EDGE CAM, CADEM, and ALGOR, ANSYS, Robot and CNC programming. He was instrumental to get the AICTE grant of 3.75 lakhs from AICTE. He has published 4 International Scopus/Elsevier publications and 6 International and National conference papers. He has worked as coordinator for achieving National accreditation, Sports and cultural coordinator.He is having expertise in teaching Mechanical vibrations, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Robotics, Mechatronics and Control systems.
Courses Handled :
He is having expertise in teaching Mechanical vibrations, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Robotics, Mechatronics, Operations research, Control systems and Manufacturing processes.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : He has worked as coordinator for achieving National accreditation, Sports and cultural coordinator.
Research Publications / Presentations :
• S.M.Ravi Kumar,Suneel Kumar Kulkarni, “Analysis of Hard Machining of Titanium Alloy by Taguchi Method”. International Journal of Materials Today Proceedings, Elsevier Publications. 2214-7853 © 2016 Elsevier Ltd.
• S.M.Ravi Kumar,Suneel Kumar Kulkarni,” Machining Analysis of GFRP Material Of Different Fiber Orientation Using Anova And Taguchi Method”. International Journal of Materials Today Proceedings 2214-7853 © 2016 Elsevier Ltd.
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, Suneel Kumar N Kulkarni, “Experimental Study of Machining Cutting Force, Chip Compression Ratio and Coefficient of Friction.Chip Compression Ratio and Coefficient of Friction. International Journal of Emerging Trends In Engineering and Development [IJERT] Issue 6, Vol. 6 (November 2016) ISSN 2249-6149
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, “Predictive Analysis of Machining GFRP Material by Taguchi Method” International Journal of Emerging Trends In Engineering and Development [IJERT] Issue 6, Vol. 6 (November 2016) ISSN 2249-6149
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, B.Surendar,” Machining Performance on Hardened Steels” ISSN/2395-5295-GRENZE-INTERNATIONAL-JOURNAL-OF-ENGINEERING-AND-TECHNOLOGY, 2017
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, “Modeling of Tool chip interface in Machining, Proceeding no.CP-23,page no.100-104, International Conference MEMS-08 AEC Bhatkal. 22&23 Oct 2008.
• S.M.Ravi Kumar,” Investigation of Machining by Modeling and Experiments, Proceeding no.MDE-47,page no.489-494. International Conference FAME 08 MEPCO-SCHLENK Engineering college Sivakasi 11-13 Dec 08
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, Dr.Suneel Kumar Kulkarni, “Experimental Investigation using parametric design to evaluate machining factors on Surface Finish of AISI 4340” SteelProceedings AME-09 DBIT Bangalore.30-31 Mar 2009.
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, Dr.Suneel Kumar Kulkarni, Hulugappa B,” Investigating the effect of cutting parameters in machining” Proceedings NCASHME’10 held at Shirdi Sai Engineering college, Anekal Bangalore. 23&24 April 2010.
• S.M.Ravi Kumar, Dr.Suneel Kumar Kulkarni,” Modeling Surface roughness in Machining of GFRP”, Proceedings. DCMP-2011 DBIT Bangalore April 7-9 2011.
workshops attended :
• Taken a course on Advanced FEM at IISc. Bangaluru Aug-Dec 2007.
• The Finite element method in structural dynamics course,sponsored by NPEEE,MHRD,Govt.of India. 4-9 Dec 2006.
• Undergone Training in unigraphics at CADD centre professional institute at Hyderabad.July to Aug.2005
• Undergone Training in ANSYS at CADD centre professional institute at Hyderabad. July to Aug.2005
• Attended 2 weeks training in CAD/CAM and ROBOTICS in I.S.T.E Sponsered STTP at B.I.E.T Davangere. 20-31 Aug 2001
• Attended 2 weeks training course “Recent trend in applications of FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS at TEQIP Sponsered STTP at B.E.C Bagalkot. March 6-11,2006.
• Attended 2 weeks training in “Advances in casting and welding technique.24.09.3001 to 06-10-2001.
• Attended 5 days training in “Instructional Design and Delivery” by NITTTR Chennai. March 2004
• Workshop on Computer aided Machine drawing on UGS SOLID EDGE 3-5 july 2006.
Research Area :Metal cutting modelling and Analysis.
• Developed CIM and Automation lab and Computer aided modeling and analysis lab at DBIT from scratch. Instrumental to get the AICTE grant of 3.75 lakhs from AICTE.