Mr. Prasanna is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 4.5 years of teaching experience in UG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Dr.AIT, Bengaluru from Visvesvaraya Technological University, M.Tech degree in Manufacturing Science and Engineering from PESIT, Bangalore from Visvesvaraya Technological University. He is currently pursuing PhD from PESIT, Bangalore under Visvesvaraya Technological University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He has taken academic responsibilities as Class Teacher, Mentor, Student Discipline committee, Project guide. He was an integral part of coordinating VTU Theory examinations.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Material Science, Manufacturing Process-III, Operations Research, Non traditional machining, Rapid Prototyping , Biomass Energy systems , Elements of mechanical engineering.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Result analysis , Alumni data base collection , Course coordinator
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Prasanna, Sharanabasappa, Vibhas Purushothaman, Vishwanath B R “Design and Fabrication of Solar and Biogas operated Hybrid Stove” IJRDT,Volume 6,Issue 5 ISSN:-2349-3585 pp:81-87
• Prasanna, Sharanabasappa, Vishwanath B R , Kishore, " Design and Fabrication of Cam Operated Coveyor for Spherical Components Transporation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2 Issue 6, pp.53-58, November-December 2016
• Kiran Kumar K.M, Prasanna, Madan Kumar K.N, Harsha R Gudi, “Structural Analysis For Passenger Car Exhaust System By Finite Element Approach”, Advances in Mechanical Engineering-AME 2013, K S School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore.
• Ankit K , Prasanna, N Balashanmugam, P V Shashikumar “Process Optimization for development and characterization of micrometer sized grid structures using scanning based Microstereolithography process”/AMMMT-2013, SIT ,Tumakuru.
• Prasanna, Harish Kumar M S, “Design and fabrication of remote controlled hydraulic jack”TECHORIZON-16,New Horizon College of Engineering, Bengaluru
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• “Emerging Trends in Materials and Thermal Engineering”(ETMT 2013)/DBIT, Bangalore.
• Three Days “WIPRO MISSION 10X” Engineering Faculty Workshop(Dec 2013).
• One week FDP on “Intelligent Machines and Systems”(Jan 2014)/BMSCE, Bangalore.
• Three Days “Trends in Lubrication Engineering” by TSI (Aug-2011)/PESIT, Bangalore.
• “Trends and Advances in Manufacturing Engineering”(TAME-2011)/PESIT, Bangalore.
• Workshop on “Metal joining Technology” by IWS (March-2011)/PESIT, Bangalore.
• Five Day on Manufacturing Solutions Using Autodesk Products & Autodesk Fusion 360, DBIT, Bangalore, 19-23 JAN 2016
Research Area :Thermal coatings , Additive manufacturing , MMC
• He has represented the College Cricket team VTU inter college level. He has been awarded with many prizes in Sports and Cultural competitions held at DBIT.