Mr. S M Mahesh working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 11 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses and 4 years of research. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Mysore University, M.Tech degree in Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and Perusing PhD in the field of Design and Thermal analysis of Thin films from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Senior Design Engineer from Yuken India ltd, Researcher in Research & Development, Centre for Manufacturing Research and Technology Utilization (CMRTU) & Mechanical Engineering Dept, R.V.College of Engineering, Time Table Co-Ordinator, Mentor, Lab In charge, NBA Co-ordinator, College Discipline committee member, METAL Co-ordinator,
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Mechanics of Materials, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, MSM, F M, Finite element Methods, Rapid Prototyping and Laboratories such as Workshop, CAED, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : METAL co-ordinator
Research Publications / Presentations :
• S.M Mahesh,Dr. M. Krishna, Dr. H. N.Narasimha Murthy, “Study of NiCrAlY bond coat layer properties for gas turbine engine health monitoring” Surface and Coatings Technology, 99 (t998) 248-252, ELSEVIER
• S.M Mahesh, Dr. M. Krishna, Dr. H. N. Mahesh Narasimha Murthy, “Design and characterization of Alumina over coat for strain guage application”, Published in Thin films & Technology,519 (2011)4249-4255, Elsevier
• Mahesh S M, Dr. M. Krishna, Dr. H. N.Narasimha Murthy, “An Investigation on drillability of GFRP/CFRP composites using Design of Experiment” Iranian Journal of Materials Science & Engineering. Vol. 10, Number 3, September 2013, Received: January2013 Accepted: May2013
• Mahesh S M, Dr. M. Krishna, Dr. H. N.Narasimha Murthy,“An experimental Investigation on Drillability Using pulsed Laser on GFRP/CFRP composites” Progress in Materials Science 51 (2006) 1032–1114, ELSEVIER.
• Mahesh S. M, Srinivas K. “Effect of Mono and Hybrid Fillers on Tensile Properties of Filled Epoxy Composites” selected in “ International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology ” to be held at DBIT, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India for Day-1 and KU Home Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand for Day-2 & 3 during January 5-7, 2017
• Mahesh S M “Smart Materials: Fabrication of Piezoelectric actuators” DHRUV ,National level Technical seminar in Mechanical engineering,03-05-2008,MSRIT,Bangalure-54
• Mahesh S M “Energy Trends in materials and thermal Engineering” ETMT, National level Technical seminar in Mechanical engineering,DBIT,Bangalore-74
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Attended Five days Faculty Development Programme on “Material science: A fundamental approach” held during June28th-2nd July, 2010, PESIT, Bengalore-85.
• Attended “National Symposium on shock waves” on 15th to 20, March-2011, Dept of Aerospace Engineering, IISC & Amrutha School of Engineering, Bangalore.
• Attended national workshop on “Mathematical Modeling and Application” on Sept 29th to Oct 1-2011, Dept of Mathematics, DBIT, Bangalore-74.
• Participated in two day Workshop on “Advances in Fatigue and Fracture” held on 18-22th Oct-2012,Dept of Mechanical Engg,RVCE,Bangalore-59
Research Area :Design and thermal analysis of thin films
• Reviewer for international conferences conducted in AMRUTHA VISHWA VDYAPEETAM University