Mr R. Nataraj is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Don Bosco Institute of Technology and has got 16 years of teaching and 5 years of Research experience. He has done B.Sc. From Bangalore University, M.Sc. in Mathematics from Bangalore University , M.Phil. From Periyar University and pursuing Ph.D in Mathematics from Visweshwariah Technological University, Belagavi. Presently he is Head of Science and Humanity Department. His Areas of interest are Fluid mechanics, Fast Fourier Transform and Graph Theory.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is sincerely committed to Teaching and also engaged in Research activities, Administrative work, Department related activities in Don Bosco Institute of Technology. He worked as Co-ordinator in National level Science event Science-o-Philia during April 2008.He organised National workshop on Mathematical Modelling and Applications during October 2011. He organised and worked as convenor in International Conference on Mathematical modelling [ICMM-2016] during December 2016 in Department of Mathematics. He worked as co-chair in the International Conference on “Current trends in Engineering , Science & Technology” [ICCTEST] during January 2017organized by Department of Science and Humanities . He is member of Academic council in Don Bosco Institute of Technology. He is member of Board of Examiner in Autonomous colleges affiliated to VTU, Belagavi. He worked as member and chief of Squad committees formed by VTU and other Autonomous colleges affiliated to VTU. He worked as DCS ( both Internal and External) in Examinations of VTU and other Autonomous colleges affiliated to VTU. He worked as Test Co-ordinator ,Time Table Co-ordinator, Mentor , Class in-charge , Member of Anti Ragging Committee ,Member of Disciplinary Committee. He is life member of Indian Society for Technical Education ISTE. He contributed two Articles for college magazine.
Courses Handled :
Engineering Mathematics - I, Engineering Mathematics - II , Engineering Mathematics -III , Engineering Mathematics - IV , Graph Theory , Operation Research , Applied Mathematics, Additional Mathematics for both UG and PG students of Engineering.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• R. Nataraj , Dr C E Nanjundappa “Thermal convective instability in a micro polar Ferromagnetic Fluid Saturated porous layer heated from below” 2013 , International conference on Magnetic Fluids (ICMF-2013) , Organised by CSIR-NPL , New Delhi, India,3-4,pp 231-237.
• R . Nataraj Presented Paper Entitled “Thermal convective instability in a micro polar Ferromagnetic Fluid Saturated porous layer heated from below” 2013 , International conference on Magnetic Fluids (ICMF-2013) , Organised by CSIR-NPL , New Delhi, India
• R. Nataraj Presented paper Entitled “Thermo magnetic convection in a micro polar ferromagnetic fluid layer of porous medium “ National conference on Mathematical modelling with Engineering Applications, Organised by Govt S.K.S.J.T.I. , Bangalore-01 , India.
• R. Nataraj participated in National conference on “Frontiers of Computer Science”organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering during May 2011.
• Participated in ‘National conference on recent trends in Applied Mathematics’ held at Siddaganga institute of technology during 7-8 th June 2013.
• Participated in One day International work shop on ‘Mathematics and its applications to Engineering & Technology ‘organized by the Department of Mathematics SJCIT Chikkaballapur on 17th Aug 2009.
• Participated in One day work shop on ‘Application of Numerical methods in Engineering ’ organised by the Department of Mathematics, Shridevi College of Engineering Tumkur , held on 6th Mar 2010.
• Participated in One day work shop on ‘Mathematical Modeling’ organised by the Department of Mathematics, B M S College of Engineering Bangalore, held on 13 th Apr 2011.
• Participated in VTU sponsored National level work shop on ‘Mathematical Modelling & its applications’ organized by the Department of Mathematics, DBIT Bangalore held during Sep 29 th to Oct 1st , 2011.
• Participated in Two day Faculty development on ‘Personality development for Teachers’held on 28th and 29th Nov 2011 Organised by Placement and Training, DBIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in VTU E-learning Organized two day workshop on ‘Research Methedology and Latex’ at KSEEM ,Bangalore during 1st and 2nd june 2012.
• Participated in FDP on ‘Computational techniques for Research ‘at RV College of Engineering ,Bangalore held during Apr 8th to10th , 2013 .
• Participated in ‘Author Workshop’ jointly organized by VTU and Springer at Central college , Bangalore university on 13th Feb 2014.
• Participated in Work shop on ‘LATEX’ held during 20 th mar 2014 sponsored by ISTE.
• He organised and worked as convenor in International Conference on Mathematical modelling [ICMM-2016] during December 2016 in Department of Mathematics.
• He worked as co-chair in the International Conference on “Current trends in Engineering, Science & Technology” [ICCTEST] during January 2017organized by Department of Science and Humanities .
Research Area :Fluid Dynamics , Fast Fourier Transform and Graph Theory.
• He is an Author of Book Engineering Mathematics III for VTU revised CBCS Scheme With ISBN 978-93-85291-01-2.
• He Awarded with Silver Medal for cent percent results in both U G and P G courses.