Rohini B R is working as an Assistant professor in Department of Information Science & Engineering. She is having 5 years of academic experience. She has done her Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Technology in the area of Computer Science in Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. She has worked in several prestigious institutions. She has worked as an Intern in Innovation Lab Tata Consultancy Services, Bangalore.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She applies effective classroom teaching and involves herself in counselling of students. She is also interested in participating in departmental committee work. Her passion is learning of new technologies in the area of Information Technology and research.
Courses Handled :
Information Science and Engineering & Information Science Laboratories Data Structures using C,OOPS with C++,Discrete Mathematical Structures, Graph Theory and Combinatorics ,Computer Networks-I, Computer Networks-II, Finite Automata and Formal Languages, Software Testing, C# Programming and .NET, Networks Laboratory, Microprocessors Laboratory, Software Testing Laboratory.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA coordinator
Research Publications :
• Rohini B.R., Chaithra B.R.”A Survey in Deep Learning Representations” in International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering,Science and Technology,ICCTEST,DBIT 2017, ISBN no :20-119-124.
• Dr.Thippeswamy G.,Rohini B.R.”Deep Learning-A Road Map”National Conference 2nd National Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology-NCRTIT16,Paper-id 65,BMSIT,2016.
• Rohini B.R. and Sathish Babu B, Modeling k-anonymity framework for the proximity-based privacy protection in context-aware LBS , CIIT-2011, 07th-08th Nov. 2011, Pune. India.
• Rohini.B.R. “Artificial Intelligence” NCETIT 2012, DBIT, Bangalore May 3-4, 2012.
Workshop Attended :
• Five day workshop on “Deep Learning for Visual Computing”, Under TEQIP IIT Hyderabad June 20th -25th ,2016.
• Five day workshop on “Android Application Development on Cloud”, in DBIT Bangalore July 18th -22nd ,2016.
• Two day workshop on LaTex for Documentation in SIT, Tumkur Aug-20,21st 2013
• Two day workshop on “Next generation Network simulation tools and framework”, Dr.AIT, Bangalore Nov-12th &13th , 2013.
• Conducted Network Simulator 2 session in “Three day workshop on Open source Tools in Software Engineering and Networking”, DBIT Oct-24,25,26th 2013
• Three day workshop on “Instructional Excellence in Intelligent systems”, Under the Intel college excellence program in DBIT, Bangalore 24th -26th ,2014.
• Two day workshop on Software testing laboratory in RNSIT, Jan-21,22nd 2013.
Two day FDP program on “System software & operating system lab” in RNSIT, July-30,31st 2012.
Research Area :Image processing, Deep Learning, Biometrics Face Spoofing Detection.