Mrs. Sony Venugopal, M.Tech is an eminent Professor having 9.11 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses. She has received B.E Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Calicut University, Kerala and M.Tech Degree in Control system from JNTU, Hyderabad. She has published 1 Research Paper in International Journal and 5 Papers in International /National Conferences. She has attended number of Workshops On Raspberry Pi3, Micro and smart systems, Challenging times Challenging placements, and a number of faculty development programmes.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Primary duties of faculty include effective classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, participation in departmental committee work and curriculum development, applied research or scholarly activity, and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically, as well as other assigned duties like NBA co-ordinator for the departmental NBA activities, co-ordinator for SPARK-AURA students forum,participated as judge for different activities held in college cultural fest(VISMAY).Has organised National, International conference and workshops. Other responsibilities involves, Class teacher, Proctor, Time table Co-ordinator,Lab incharge, Placement Co-ordinator and member of anti Ragging committee.
Courses Handled :
Handled versatile subjects both in UG and PG such as Signals and Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Analog Electronics Circuits, Basic Electrical Engineering, Electric Power Generation, Electrical Drawing, Transformers and Induction Machines, Transmission and Distribution, Linear Integrated Circuits, Electrical Machine design, Electric Power Utilization, Industrial Drives and Applications, Industrial Management Electrical Estimation and Economics, Analog Electronics Circuits Lab, Microcontroller Lab,Op-amp and Linear IC lab, Circuit Simulation and Measurements Lab,DC machines and Synchronous Lab
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Co-ordinator.
Paper publications and Presentation :
• Sony Venugopal ,Akshay Aspalli, Raveendra R Presented and Published paper “MAXIMUM POWER POINT TRACKING FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM” International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017, KUHOME, KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand organized by DBIT,Bengaluru, ISBN: 978-81-93-1119-5-6 Grenze ID: 02. ICCTEST.2017.1.77 Pg.No 432-441.
• Sony Venugopal presented paper “APPLICATION OF INTELLIGENT CONTROLLER IN FEEDBACK CONTROL LOOP FOR AIRCRAFT PITCH CONTROL” 4th National conference on advanced techniques in Electrical and Electronics Engineering 2013 organized by SJB Institute of Technology
• Sony Venugopal presented paper “HYBRID POWER SYSTEM WITH A CONTROLLED ENERGY STORAGE” 1st National Conferences on Recent Trends & Applications In Electrical & Electronics Systems 2011 organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology
• Sony Venugopal presented paper “Low power LC VCO for wireless communication application” 1st National Conferences on Recent Trends & Applications In Electrical & Electronics Systems 2011 organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology
Workshop attended/organized :
• Attended one day workshop on “Challenging Times Challenging Placements” organized by Computer Society of India, Bangalore Chapter on 1st August 209
• Organised & Attended five days Faculty Development Programme on Raspberry Pi3 held on 18th – 22nd July 2016
• Attended one day workshop on “Micro and Smart Systems” organised by MSRIT, Bangalore on 26 May 2010.
• Attended two days Faculty Development Programme held at DBIT on 21-22 September 2007.
• Organised & Attended National workshop on “Importance of Electrical Energy Conservation in the Present day Energy Crisis” held on 29th -31st Oct 2014.
• Organised & Attended National Conference on “ Recent Trends & Applications in Electrical & Electronics Systems” 28-30th April 2011
• . Organised & Attended National Conference on “ Recent Trends & Applications in Electrical & Electronics Systems” 12-13th October 2012
Research Area :Her Research interest are focussed on Control System
• Meritorious performance for having secured cent percent result in the subjects such as Industrial Management Electrical Estimation and Economics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Electric Power Generation Transmission and Distribution, Electrical Machine design Analog Electronics Circuits Lab, Microcontroller Lab,Op-amp and Linear IC lab, Circuit Simulation and Measurements Lab,DC machines and Synchronous Lab