Mrs. Roopa B S, an Associate Professor in the Department of ECE, Don Bosco Institute of Technology. She is working in DBIT since March 2006. Earlier she was working as Lecturer in KNS Institute of Technolgy, Bangalore, as Faculty in TATA INFOTECH, as lecturer in Bharath Polytechnic and has a total teaching experience of 12+Years. Also worked as an Application engineer for one year.
She acquired her BE degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from GVIT, KGF under Bangalore University in the year 1999 and M.Tech in Digital Communication Engineering from BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore under VTU.
She believes in Disseminating a common set of material to a broad set of students, by providing a synthesis of information from various sources and clarifying complex information.
She is Passionate & proficient in Digital communications & Digital image processing fields. Her areas of interest include communication, computer communication networks and wireless communication. Currently, she is doing research in Medical Image Processing and has Registered for PhD under VTU .
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She has successfully taken up many academic responsibilities like Proctoring, Class Teacher, Timetable coordinator, Test coordinator, Lab In charge, Guest Lecture coordinator, Project Guide. She has guided 18 UG & 4 PG Projects.
Also taken up co-curricular responsibilities like Program Committee member of the National & International conferences and Workshops conducted at Department. VGST Research proposal were submitted for Funding in the field of Biomedical. Conducted hands-on workshop on MIC components & NS-2 Tool.
Courses Handled :
She prepares her lecture that is informative, engaging and participatory. She has delivered conceptual and systematic knowledge in the subjects handled by offering students a model of professional practice, i.e., the lecturer and his/her approach to the subject in subjects like Digital Signal Processing, Digital Communication, Analog Communication, Computer communication network, Linear Integrated Circuits, Logic Design, Power electronics, Analog Electronics circuits, Network Analysis and Basic Electronics.
Labs: Advanced Microprocessor Lab, Microprocessor Lab(8085), DSP Lab, Logic Design Lab, HDL lab, Analog Electronics Lab, Analog Communication + LIC Lab, Advanced Communication Lab, Microcontroller Lab
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
Played a key role as one of the NBA coordinator in the department. She has also taken care of documenting the Alumni and Student Placement NBA file.
Publications & Presentations :
• Roopa B S , Dr. R Manjunatha Prasad,” FPGA based Hardback Conceptualization for Pothole Detection” , International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology ICCTEST - 2017 Conference Proceedings Grenze Scientific Society, Page No 855, ISBN: 978-81-931119-5-6.
• Sathyavathi C, Roopa B S,“Low Resolution Enhancement Using Multi Exposure Image Fusion.” InInternational Journal of Advanced Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Volume.5.Issue.4.,.April-2016,pp..1055.-.1058.
• Manjunatha S, Roopa B S “Smart Security Camera System For Video Surveillance Using Open CV.” in ICrtSIV - 2015.DOI 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-40, Page No. 415-420.
• Nisha Rani, Roopa B S “Pipe lined Parallel FFT Architectures for 8 and 16 Points via Folding Transformation.” NCCVS2014 at KSSEM Bangalore.
• Sowmya K S, Roopa B S“A Novel eye movement recognition Algorithm using Video Oculography” in 2- day ICRTSIV-2014. DOI : 03.AETS.2014.F10,486-496,ISSN 2158-7558.
Workshops/Conferences Attended :
• Attended Three days workshop on "Research Methodologies & Latex" from 26 – 28 May 2016, at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru organized by VTU E-Learning Center.
• Attended Faculty Development Program of “Research trends in image processing” at DBIT in JAN 2015
• TEQIP Sponsored seminar on “Understanding wireless communication Technologies: 3G,4G/LTE,WIMAX” organized at PESIT during 17th to 19th July 2013.
• Attended Faculty Development Program organized by MISSION-10X in 2010
• Attended Seminar on “SDR Based wireless communication system Design” by Benchmark on 27th Nov 2009 at BMSCE.
• In electronic-09 at DBIT, Paper was presented on “modeling & Simulation of TRDT in MIMO” on 05 may 2009.
• “Workshop on Advanced Communication Lab” organized by PESIT on 9th to 10th Jan 2009.
• Participated in IINC-2007 (Imaps india national conference) held at BMSCE on 23 & 24 Nov 2007.
• Participated 2-day seminar on “Real time Implementation of DSP Algorithm” at VKIT during 25 & 24 Feb 2007.
• Participated TEQIP sponsored one-day national workshop on “VLSI design and embedded systems” on 15 Dec 2006.
Research Area :
Medical Image Processing
• Secured Fourth place at VTU level in M Tech Digital Communication.
• Guided Project “Any Time Medicine Vending Machine” which was selected as best project at KSCST.
• She has got Consistent good results in the Subjects like LIC, DSP, Anaolg Communication, Basic Electronics & Network analysis.