Mrs. Rashmi K T is working as an Assistant Professor in the department of ECE in DBIT. With a vision towards Research and pursuit of excellence towards education has got strong 6.5 years of experience in Teaching. She has obtained Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication Engineering from VTU, Master of Technology in Digital communication from MSRIT (VTU) and is in edge to pursue Ph.D under VTU. Her area of interest is in wireless communication and has involved in successfully guiding many Undergraduate & Post Graduate Projects.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is contributing to the intellectual life of the college by engaging in high quality core teaching. She is sincerely committed and engaged in Research activities, Mentoring, Project Guidance and other Department related activities such as Class Teacher, Time table co-ordinator, Guest lecture co-ordinator, Test co-ordinator.
Courses Handled :
She has given lectures on subjects like Analog Communication, Digital Communication, Digital switching system, Computer networks, Basic Electronics, Electronics instrumentation.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
She is Involved in Maintaining & Updating Student Notice Board Circulars, Academic Attendance Registers and Maintaining the documentation of Departmental sports related activities.
Research Publications :
• Rashmi K T,”A Literature survey on different types of energy efficient routing protocols in wireless sensor network”ICCTEST,Bangalore,Jan 5,2017,ISBN -978-81-931119-5-6.
• Nayana T N ,Rashmi K T “Color image retrieval technique based on EDBTC feature”, ICDISS 2016,Bangkok,Thiland july01-03,2016,
• Roshan Richard Dsouza, Rashmi K.T “High rate video Steganography Using LSB Replacement Technique”, Feb-2015, ICrtSIV-2015,Bangalore, Page No. 498-502, ISSN- 978-981-09-6200-5,
• Rashmi K T,Nagaraj Kyasa, Siddlingappa Gouda Biradar on “ Simulation and analysis of AODV and AOMDV protocol during link breakage in MANET using NS-2” ,Bangalore, 21st and 22nd feb 2014.ISSN-2214-0344,
• Paper presented on “ A new approach of classifying land development in high – resolution remote sensing images” in KSIT on 5th april 2014.
• Paper presented on “ Development of a smart power meter based on zigbee communication” in AMC engineering college on 9th may 2014.
• Attended 2-day national seminar on “ Recent advances in materials science” in Oct 21-22, 2011.
• One day IEEE course on “Quantum physics in nano engineering to ultra large scale integration(ULSI)” on feb 20, 2014 .
• Attended 3-day workshop on “ Simulation of wired and wireless networks” on June 17th -19th ,2013, in NITK , Surathkal, Mangalore.
• One day IEEE course on “Quantum physics in nano engineering to ultra large scale integration(ULSI)” on feb 20, 2014 .DBIT,Bangalore.
Research Area :
Her research area is Wireless sensor Networks, and awaiting the Phd interview results by VTU.
She is been appreciated by college and awarded the appreciation certification for 100% results . She has actively participated in the sports events held at college. Has been in organizing Committee of many national and international conferences and events held in the department.