Miss. Kusuma T is an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department having 4.5 Yrs of Experience in DBIT, Bangalore. She is currently pursuing PhD from VTU into the research field Image Processing. She was post graduated from BMSCE, Bangalore in the year 2011 with the specialization Computer science and Engineering from VTU. She was GATE qualified 2009. She was graduated from BGSIT, Mandya in the year 2009. Her expertise in subjects like Network management Embedded computing system, Object Oriented and modelling design, Client server programming. She has under gone Mission10x Workshop by WIPRO In Pursuit of Excellence in Engineering Education through Innovation by WIPRO- A teaching and Learning Approach. She use active and collaborative learning techniques, engage students in experiences, emphasize higher-order cognitive activities in the classroom, interact with students, challenge students academically, and value enriching educational experiences. She presented and published several papers in International, National, and Journal. She is one of the organizing committee members for the national Conferences which were held successfully at DBIT.
Academic & Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is very much involved in the academic activities to support the Departmental mission and maintain the functions of Institute. She maintains a progressive record of academic responsibility at DBIT. She is a responsible faculty for ensuring achievement of student learning competencies, collecting assessment data, and submitting Course Summary forms as required. She has taken additional academic responsibilities like Mentoring, Project guidance, Test Coordinator, Website Coordinator and other related activities and she is a lifetime member of ISTE.
Courses Handled :
She is one of the eminent faculty members in our department to handle basic subjects where strong fundamental knowledge should be imparted to students. She has handled many subjects like Logic Design, Network management System, Embedded computing system, Client Server Programming, Artificial Intelligence & agent Technology, Object Oriented Modelling and design, Microprocessors.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
She helped in continued updating of the NBA files for the years 2012 -2017.
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• Real Time Object Tracking Using Static Camera,” National Conference on – ICCN 12, at RRCE, Bangalore.
• Object Classification and Tracking in Video Surveillance “National Conference on RATE-12 at T John Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
• “Real Time Object Tracking, Classification, Counting using A Background Subtraction and Shadow Removal Techniques” National Conference on NCNS12 SSIT, Tumkur.
• “ST-MRF based video object detection and tracking in video surveillance”, International Journal combined Research and Development, eISSN: 2321-225X; pISSN: 2321-2241Volume: 4; Issue: 11; November -2015 page no: 4154-4159.
• “Real time object tracking in H.264/AVC using polar vector median and global motion compensation”, ICDSC, Dr,AIT,Bangaluru
• 6.” Secure cargo location detection and sharing under international borders” ,IRD-IJEECS. Thinksoft, bangaluru, ISSN Print: 2347-2820 page no:142-145
• 7.” Review on Markov Random field (MRF) in video surveillance”, International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology” held at DBIT, Bangalore (ICCTEST 2017).
Research Area :Image Processing
• Qualified GATE in the year 2009.
• She received Solid performance review from the Department and Management.
• Trained for Singapore students on Web Technologies.