Mr. Manoj HM is an Assistant Professor in Computer science and Department having 5.8 Yrs of Experience in DBIT, Bengaluru. He is currently pursuing Ph.D from JAIN University into the research field Software Engineering. He was post graduated from EPCET, Bengaluru in the year 2011 with the specialization Software Engineering. He was graduated from KIT, Tiptur in the year 2008. His expertise in subjects like Software Engineering, Software Quality Engineering. He use active and collaborative learning techniques, engage students in experiences, emphasize higher-order cognitive activities in the classroom, interact with students, challenge students academically, and value enriching educational experiences. He is one of the editorial member for annual department magazine WILANIOS FORUM 2016. He presented and published several papers in International Conferences and Journals.
Academic & Co-curricular Responsibilities :
As a class Teacher, maintained complete ledger of students attendance, IA marks, parent teacher meeting reports etc. As a assistant professor, Taught at undergraduate and post graduate level in areas of Computer science and Engineering. Carried out research and produced publications by making students to undergo implementation of real world and trendy projects. Engaged in scholarly and professional communities. Worked as Test coordinator by conducting internal assessment efficiently. Coordinated with the department staffs in conducting workshops, national and international conferences. As a Proctor, Mentoring and monitored student’s academic records and academic progress, achievements and attendances. Preparing clear lesson plan, learning and teaching materials up to date before semester begins. Participated and conducted seminars from the industry representatives’ behalf of the students. As a Placement Coordinator, Motivating and supporting the students to learn skills get placed in respective industries, moreover making them to understand real life. As a NBA Coordinator, Actively participated in all activities assigned by the Head, for the development of our organization by maintain own continuing professional development.
Courses Handled :
He is one of the efficient faculty members in our department to handle basic subjects where strong fundamental knowledge should be imparted to students. He has handled many subjects like Computer organization, System Software, software Architecture, software engineering, software Testing, Object oriented modelling and design, artificial intelligence and agent technology.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
He helped in continued updating of the NBA files and also appointed as NBA coordinator for Purchase and class room maintenance for 2015.
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• Manoj H.M, Nandakumar A.N, “A Survey on Modelling of Software Metrics for Ranking Code Reusability in Object Oriented Design Stage”, 18-12-2014, International journal engineering research and Technology (IJERT), Vol. 3 - Issue 12 (December - 2014) e-ISSN: 2278-0181.
• Manoj H.M, Nandakumar A.N, “Constructing Relationship Between Software Metrics and Code Reusability in Object Oriented Design”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA) Vol. 7, No. 2, 2016 429-434.
• Manoj H.M, Mamatha S.K, “Energy Management Using Catalog Model In IoT For Smart Homes”, International Conference On Current Trends In Engineering Science And Technology 2017( ICCTEST), Organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 5-1-2017.
• Manoj HM, Bhanushree, “A light weight secure provenance scheme for detecting packet forgery and packet drop attacks in WSN” in fourth International conference, ICACT 2016 organized by AMC College of Engineering on May 11th , 12th 2016
• Manoj HM, “Authentication in VANET system to mitigate Sybil attacks” in second national conference on “Emerging trends in Science and Technology” NCETST-2015 organized by Sapthagiri College of Engineering on may 12th 2015”
• Manoj HM, Maniteja, “Extraction of optimized search results from web designing” in National conference, organized by Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering on April 2014.
• Workshop on “Python Programming and Fundamentals”, on 4th, 5th, 6th Jan 2016, organized by Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
• Workshop on “Network security vulnerability assessment and penetration testing”, on 11, 12, 13th June 2014, organized by MSRamaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
Research Area :Software engineering, Software Reusability
• Best paper award in National conference held in Sapthagiri College of Engineering in 2015.