Manasa C K is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru having 2 years of experience in teaching and 1 year of Industrial Experience. She has received B.E degree in Civil Engineering from VTU, M.Tech degree in Cad Structures from SSIT university.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is effective in classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, active participant in departmental committee work and curriculum development and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically by adopting modern technical teaching methods like ppt and visiting industrial sites, as well as other assigned duties.
Courses Handled :
Concrete Technology, Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Design of RCC structural elements, Transportation engineering, Surveying, Pavement materials and construction, Urban transport planning, Basic material testing lab, Concrete & highway materials lab, Surveying practice lab, Extensive survey lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Workshop & seminar coordinator, Industrial visit, Sports coordinator, Department library coordinator, LIC coordinator.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• “P – Delta Effects in Tall RC Buildings” in International Journal of New Technology and Research (IJNTR), ISSN: 2249-894X, Vol-1, Pg 42-45. July 2015.
• “Effect of Wind Load on Tall R C Buildings by P-Delta Analysis” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
• “Static and Dynamic Analysis of Soil Nail Wall and Retaining Wall for Vertical Cut” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
Workshops & Seminar :
• Three days workshop on “Developments in Design and Construction of civil engineering structures” held at SSIT TUMKUR on 21ST to 23RD NOV 2014
• National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering” held at TOCE Bangalore on 19th April 2012
• National technical seminar on “Modern Technologies in Civil Engineering” held at DBIT Bangalore on 15th & 16th September 2016.
Research Area :Structural dynamics, construction technology.