Mr. Manjunatha A. S obtained his M.Sc. Degree with specialization in General Chemistry in 2010 from University of Mysore. He has submitted Ph. D thesis to the Bangalore University in the field of chemical kinetics, physical organic chemistry and catalysis. He has five years research experience and Three years teaching experience. During his research he has published 16 research papers in peer reviewed national and international journals and he also presented around 12 research papers in workshop/National and International Conferences. In addition to this he was a life time member of Indian Thermodynamics, chemical and environmental chemistry and Annual member for Indian Science Congress. He was well expertise in handling instruments like UV-visible spectrophotometer, Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy, HPL, CHS analyzer, TOC, Muffle Furnace, TGA, DSC and AAS. His specialization in subject related to Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry and Nano Technology. Presently working as Assistant Professor in Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is teaching Engineering chemistry, Engineering Chemistry Lab & Environmental studies to the BE students. As a class teacher he monitors and reviews the progress of individual student present in the section. Being a mentor he takes personal interest to develop mentoring relationship with students. During the weekly mentoring sessions he provides insight on critical thinking skills, self discipline and good study habits. Section in charge, Mentor and Examiner for BE students.
Courses Handled :
Engineering chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Engineering chemistry Lab and Environmental Chemistry.
Additional Responsibilities as per NBA :
Departmental NBA coordinator
Papers Published in National/International journals
• PdCl2 catalyzed and uncatalyzed n-oxidation of naratriptan with alkaline chloramine-T: delineation of reaction mechanisms and kinetic modelings. S. Dakshayani, A.S.Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, Catalysis Letters 146(1) (2016) 180-192.
• Conversion of imidazole to imidazolones by Chloramine-B: Kinetic and mechanistic study. A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, Monatshefte fur Chemie, 147 (2016) 1517–1529.
• Oxidative conversion of anilines to azobenzenes with alkaline chloramine-T: A.S. Manjunatha, S. Dakshayani, Nirmala Vaz, and Puttaswamy, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 33(2) (2016) 697-706.
• Decolorization of ethyl orange azo dye by oxidation process with acidified chloramine-T: Spectrophotometric, kinetic and mechanistic approaches. A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy Desalination and Water Treatment 57(5) (2016) 2159-2166.
• RuCl3 catalyzed and uncatalyzed oxidative decolorization of acid orange 7 dye with chloramine-B in acid medium: spectrophotometric, kinetic and mechanistic study. A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, Catalysis Letters 145 (2015) 1312–1321.
• Kinetic and mechanistic studies on the oxidative decolourisation of Orange-II dye with alkaline chloramine-T Nirmala Vaz, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy Journal of Chemical Research 39 (2015) 363–367.
• Oxidation of metformin with alkaline chloramine-B: Delineation of reaction mechanism and kinetic modeling. Nirmala Vaz, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy Indian Journal of Chemistry, 54A (2015) 484-488.
• Mechanistic and catalytic behavior of Os(VIII) for the chlorpheniramine maleate and bromamine-B redox system: A Kinetics based approach Nirmala Vaz, N. Divya, P. Nagaraja, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy Journal of Catalyst & catalysis 2(1) (2015) 18-31.
• Oxidative decolorisation of eriochrome black T with chloramine-T: Kinetic, mechanistic, and spectrophotometric approaches. A.S. Manjunatha, Anu Sukhdev and Puttaswamy Coloration Technology 130 (2014) 1-9.
• Ru(III)-catalyzed oxidative cleavage of ritodrine hydrochloride: A kinetic and mechanistic chemistry, Puttaswamy, S. Dakshayani and A.S. Manjunatha, Journal of Catalyst & catalysis, 1(1) (2014) 39-50.
• Catalytic activity of Os(VIII) on the oxidation of sulfadiazine with alkaline chloramine-T: Kinetic and mechanistic chemistry. Nirmala Vaz, L. Parashuram, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy Journal of Applicable Chemistry, 3(5) (2014) 2157-2165.
• Rh(III) as a homogenous catalyst in the oxidative decolorization of ethyl orange dye with aqueous acidic chloramine-T: Spectrophotometric, kinetic and mechanistic study. Puttaswamy and A.S. Manjunatha, Transition Metal Chemistry, 38 (2013) 183- 190.
• A simple and expeditious spectrophotometric method for the oxidative decolorization of methyl red dye with chloramine-T in acid medium: Kinetic and mechanistic chemistry. A.S. Manjunatha, Anu Sukhdev and Puttaswamy, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 20 (2013) 416-422.
• Oxidative cleavage of β-lactam ring of cephalosporins by chloramine-T in alkaline solutions: A study on kinetics, mechanistic and relative reactivity chemistry Puttaswamy, Anu Sukhdev and A.S. Manjunatha, ISRN Physical Chemistry, ID 738932, (2013), 1-10.
• Mechanistic insight into the oxidation of atropine sulfate monohydrate with aqueous acidic chloramine-T: Design of kinetic modeling. Nirmala Vaz, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy. Bulgarian Chemical Communication 48(4) (2016) 671 – 677.
• Decolorization of Reactive orange 16 azo dye in wastewater using CAT/ IrCl3 / HClO4 redox system: Delineation of Kinetic modeling and mechanistic approaches Anu Sukhdev, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy. Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineering 70 (2017) 150–160.
Oral/Poster Papers Presented in National/International Conferences
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy “A simple and expeditious spectrophotometric method for the oxidative decolorization of methyl red dye with chloramine-T in acid medium: kinetic and mechanistic chemistry” Poster presentation at National Conference on “Impact of Chemical Biologyy on Society” (NCICBS-2012) held at Kuvempu University, Shankaragatta, Shimoga during April 26-27, 2012.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy “A kinetic and mechanistic study on oxidative decolorization of Eriochrome black-T with Chloramine-T in alkaline medium catalyzed by Os(VIII) and uncatalyzed reaction in acid medium”. Poster presentation at “7th National Conference on Thermodynamics of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Processes”(TCBEP-2012) held at Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati during December 10-12. 2012.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “Rh(III) catalyzed oxidative decolorization of ethyl orange dye with chloramine-T in presence of perchloric acid: spectrophotometric, kinetic and mechanistic study”, Poster presentation at “15th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry” held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, during February 1-3, 2013.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “Reaction kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of malachite green dye by chloramine-B in acid medium”, Poster presentation at “International Conference on Recent Trends in Material Science & Technology-2013” (ICRTMST-2013) held at Department of Chemistry, NITK, Surathkal, Mangalore, during January 17-19, 2013.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “Kinetic and mechanistic studies on the oxidation of ethyl orange with acidified chloramine-T” Poster presentation at National Conference on “Frontiers & Challenges in Chemistry” (FCC-2013) held at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore during October 10-11, 2013. Awarded First prize for poster presentation.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy “Conversion of imidazoles to imidazolones with acidic chloramine-B via C-H oxidation: Kinetic and mechanistic study” Oral presentation at “Recent Trends in Medicinal Chemistry” (RTMC-2014)held at Department of Chemistry, Jyotinivas College Autonomous, Bangalore, 3-4 Sept-2014.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “RuCl3 Catalyzed and Uncatalyzed Oxidative Decolorization of Acid Orange 7 Dye with Chloramine-B in Acid Medium: Spectrophotometric, Kinetic and Mechanistic Study”, Oral presentation at “National Conference on Pure and applied Chemistry (NACOPAC–2014)” held at Department of studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, 29-31 Dec-2014.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy “Kinetic and mechanistic chemistry of oxidative decolorization of methyl red dye with acidic bromamine-T” Poster presentation at “103rd Indian Science Congress” held at Department of studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, Mysore, 29-31 Dec-2016.
• Nirmala Vaz . A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “Oxidative decolorization of orange-II dye with chloramine-T: Delineation of reaction mechanism and kinetic modeling” Oral presentation at The International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences (TICEAS-2016) held at Singapore, Feb 18-20, 2016.
• A. S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, “ RuCl3 catalyzed oxidative conversion of aryloximes to arylaldehydes: Kinetic, mechanistic and catalytic chemistry” Oral presentation at The International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences (TICEAS-2016) held at Singapore, Feb 18-20, 2016.
• Nirmala Vaz, A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy “Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of atropine sulfate monohydrate with chloramine-T in alkaline medium” Poster presentation in “Recent Trends in Chemistry” held at Department of Chemistry, Jyotinivas College Autonomous, Bangalore, Feb-24, 2016.
• A.S. Manjunatha and Puttaswamy, Kinetic and mechanistic studies on the oxidative decolorization of orange 2R dye with alkaline chloramine-T” Oral presentation at International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology (ICCTEST-2017) held at Donbosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore during Jan 5-7, 2017.
Research Area :
Reaction kinetics, Homogeneous catalysis, Wastewater treatment and conversions of some important organic substrates.
Best poster award in the conference FCC-2013.