Mr. Shyamsundar S A is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management Studies and Research, Don Bosco Institute of Technology with seven years of teaching experience and one year of Industry experience. He is a graduate in B.Sc from Mysore University, MBA from VTU and pursuing Ph.D under VTU, Belagavi. His areas of Interest are Investment Management, Risk Management, Financial and Commodity Derivatives.
He was an Organising committee Member for Conference, Entrepreneurship awareness camp, jointly organised by ED Cell, VTU and DBIT. He was also an organising committee member for Management fest “Prothsaahan” – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017. He has conducted Project Viva-Voce Examinations as an External Examiner at RNSIT, GAT and NMIT. He has organised the event “World Photography Day – 2018” on August 20th 2018.
He is serving the Department as a co-ordinator for activities such as Industrial Visits, Alumni Network and contributed towards students Internship Opportunities.
He has presented and published eight research papers in National and International conferences and & Journals pertaining to the areas of Finance, Banking and General Management.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is sincere and dedicated to teaching and interested in research work. He is engaged in administrative and departmental activities of MBA. He organised and co-ordinated National Conference during 2013. He was an Organising committee Member for Entrepreneurship awareness camp, jointly organised by ED Cell, VTU and DBIT from 6th September to 8th September 2010. He organised management fests “Prothsaahan – 2011, 12, 13 and 15. He Conducted the Internship Viva-Voce Examination as External Examiner at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology and M.S. Engineering College on 28th July 2015. He is a main co-ordinator for many intra-departmental activities such as Mentoring, Industrial Visits, Alumni and VTU exams.
Courses Handled :
Risk Management (Derivatives), Cost Management, Managerial Communication, Human Resource Management, International HRM, Strategic Credit Management and Quantitative Techniques.
National and International Conferences :
• Bhagya Lakshmi. K, Mallika B K, Shyam Sundar S A,, “Effectiveness of E-Recruitment at Skanda Futures and careers – Empirical Study”, 2016 national conference on “Recent Trends in Management ”(NCRTM – 2016), Organized by K S School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore, India. ISBN No. 978-93-5258-244-0 Page No. 44-52
• Vinay B S, Shyam Sundar S A, Shashi Kumar C R, “Testing of Brownian Movement – with Respect to Automobile Industries using Auto Correlation Co-Efficient”, 2013 national conference on “Contemporary Issues in Global Business”, Organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India. ISBN No. 978-93-83241-00-2 Page No. 175-180
• Shyam Sundar S A, Shubha H R “Foreign Mutual Funds – Any Advantage over Indian Mutual Funds?”, 2013 national conference on “Contemporary Issues in Global Business”, Organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India. ISBN No. 978-93-83241-00-2 Page No. 215-223
• Shyam Sundar S A, “Effective Implementation of technology and change management in educational institutions”, 2012 international conference on “India Inc.Innovative Management Strategies”, Organized by Don Bosco Group Of Institutions, Kumbalgodu, Bangalore, India. ISBN No. 93-81361-67-3. 478
• Shyam Sundar S A, Kantesh V S “A Study on Role of Small and medium scale industries in development of Indian Economy”, 2012 national conference on “Global Issues And Challenges In The 21st Century On Emerging International Business”, Organized by Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India.
• Participated in AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “Emerging Trends In Commodity Market” From July 4 – 16,2011 organised by Department of Management Studies, Sri RamaKrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
• Attended one day work shop on pedagogy for revised first semester MBA Subjects conducted by VTU, Belgaum in association with PESIT, Banaglore on 13th October 2012 at PESIT, Banaglore.
• Attended one day workshop on “DERIVATIVES DEMYSTIFIED” at JOYTI NIVAS COLLEGE AUTONOMOUS, post graduate centre, Bangalore on 6th February 2016.
Research Area :Mr. Shyamsundar S A is specialised in the field of Finance Management. His Domain area is “Risk Management” under which doing the research in the area of “Financial Derivatives”.
• It’s a pride and privilege that he received a silver medal and a certificate for securing cent percentage in Risk Management for the academic year 2010-11.
• He is able to secure cent percentage results continuously in any one of the subjects during academic years 2013-15.