Kishor Kumar.R is an Assistant professor in the department of Telecommunication engineering since 2011.He started his carrier as lecturer in DBIT. He has 5 years of experience in the field of teaching. He got his M.Tech in Networking and Internet Engineering from SJCE, Mysore (Affiliated to VTU) in the year 2010, and his bachelor degree in Electronics and communication from NIE, Mysore (Affiliated to VTU) in the year 2008. He has published 2 international and presented 1 national research paper. His area of interest includes Computer network, IoT, Electronic circuits and Communication systems. He is the life time member of ISTE.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Primary responsibility includes effective classroom teaching academic advising and counselling of students , participation in departmental committee work and curriculum development, and other assigned duties include NBA co-ordinator, co-ordinator for teleconnect student forum ,and also responsible for organizing various departmental activities such student soft skill programme, faculty development programme and co-ordinator for instrument purchase in the department
Courses Handled :
At beginning of his carries he handled analog communication , Management and entrepreneurship. As he moved on in his carrier he handled Microprocessor, Programming in C++,Information theory and coding, Computer communication network, Operating system, Network security, Analog electronic circuits, Digital switching system, and also handled laboratories of Microprocessor, Analog communication and computer communication network.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Responsible for LIC and AICTE reports, NBA application, maintenance of departmental indent and purchase files, equipment stock book and annual maintenance of equipments
Paper Publications / Presentations :
• Kishor Kumar. R, Manjunath B kajjidoni, Pradeep Kumar, “Smart Agriculture system Using IOT”,2017,Internatioanl conference on current trends in engineering, science and technology (ICCTEST) , Organized by DBIT, Bengaluru, Karnataka India, GRENZE scientific society, ISBN No.978-81-931119-5-6. pp:1244-1248, Presented at kasetsart university, Bangkok, Thailand
• Manjunath B kajjidoni, Kishor Kumar. R , “TCP Port monitoring system”,2017,Internatioanl conference on current trends in engineering, science and technology (ICCTEST) , Organized by DBIT, Bengaluru, Karnataka India, , GRENZE scientific society, ISBN No.978-81-931119-5-6. pp:505-509
• Kishor Kumar, “Load balancing model for the Public cloud based on cloud portioning “, 2013, National conference on recent trends in communication and networking, Organized by Department of TCE, DBIT, Banglore.
Workshops attended :
• Participated in a three days Faculty development Programme on “WIPRO MISSION 10X” by Wipro Technologies at Don Bosco Institute Of Technology, on 2nd Dec to 4th DEC 2013.
• Participated in 5 days faculty development programme on “Raspberry Pi 3” by VV technologies and organized by Dept of TCE,DBIT banglore on 18th -22nd july 2016.
• Participated in the seminar on “ Computer networks and its boom in IT industry “ on 17th sep 2016 Organized by Dept of TCE , DBIT.
• Participated in “National seminar on recent advances in material science “ on 21-22 oct, 2011 , organized by dept of chemistry, DBIT, Bangalore
Research Area :Internet of Things, wireless sensor networks, software defined network
• Achieved 100 percent result in network security in the year 2014