Padmini K graduated in Telecommunication engineering from KIT, Tiptur and M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded systems from UTL Technologies(VTU Extension centre), Bangalore. She has 10 years of experience in the field of teaching. She is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Telecommunication at Don Bosco Institute of Technology. She has published four papers in international journals. She has actively participated in workshops, Seminars and Conferences.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Major Responsibilities upheld by her are Academic advising, Effective teaching, Identifying the weak students and counselling to achieve good result by providing extra classes and guidance .Mentoring the students regularly , as well as other assigned duties for the departmental NBA activities, Co-ordinator for Techno clash Student Forum. Other responsibilities involves Class teacher, Time table co-ordinator, EMS co-ordinator, Lab Incharge, Member of Anti Ragging committee.
Courses Handled :
Basic Electronics, Basic Electrical, Network Analysis, Electronic Instrumentation, Logic Design, Control systems, Information Theory and Coding, Optical Fibre Communication, Optical Networking, Linear Integrated circuits, Antenna and Propagation and Field Theory.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : VTU-Exam Question papers and Model question Paper, Proctors/Mentor/Counselor Records, University circulars, VTU- Exam timetable –Theory and Practical, VTU-Practical Attendance Details, VTU-Result sheets .
Paper Publications :
• Padmini,K Published “Design and implementation of Efficient embedded Cryptography algorithm using FPGA”2013 International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology (IJACT), ISSN:2319-7900.
• Champakamala .B.S, Padmini.K, Radhika .D. K published ”Least Significant Bit algorithm for image steganography” 2014 International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology (IJACT), ISSN:2319-7900.
• Padmini K, Champakamala B S Presented and published “Image Hiding Using Least Significant Bit Algorithm Steganography” 2017 International conference on current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017, KUHOME , KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand, organized by DBIT, Bengaluru, ISBN : 978-81-93-1119-5-6 GRENZE ID:TCE03. ICCTEST.2017.1.77 P.No 639-641.
• Champakamala B S, Padmini K Presented and published “RF-ID, GPS and android based Smart ticketing system for BMTC” 2017 International conference on current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017, KUHOME, KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand, organized by DBIT, Bengaluru, ISBN : 978-81-93-1119-5-6 GRENZE ID:TCE13 ICCTEST.2017.1.77 P.No 1249-1252.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Participated in the seminar conducted on “Computer Networks and its boom in current IT Industry” on 17th September 2016
• Attended workshop of program on Raspberry Pi3 from 18th to 22nd July 2016.
• Attended The State level Workshop on ”VLSI Design using Cadence tools suite” held on 28-30th July 2010.
• Workshop on Teaching Methodology on Feb 13 ,2008.
Research Area :Research interest are VLSI and Embedded System Design, Communication Systems and Network Engineering.
• Award of Appreciation for Achieving cent percent result in the subjects such as Information Theory and Coding, Optical Fibre Communication, Optical Networking.