T M Kavitha received her M.Tech from the Visvesvaraya Technological University majoring in Digital Electronics and Communication. She has taught at AMC college of engineering in Electronics and communication domain for two years in the academic periods 2006 to 2008.Also had worked at Channabasaweswara Institute of Technology in Electronics and Communication domain under Visvesvaraya Technological University in the academic periods 2002 to 2005. She has started her case development and research at Research Regional centre Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam since 2014. Currently she is serving as an Associate Professor at Don Bosco Institute of Technology from past nine years.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She has been active in providing leadership coaching, grooming personalities of under graduates to take up interviews for domestic companies and organizations. Her research has been published in international and national academic journals including Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Besides being a regular contributor for academics, she actively participate in organizing faculty and student development programs , various inter cultural events like college fests , Induction programs , academics related events like international and national conferences and symposiums. Organizer and coordinating various events at DBIT .Coordinator for conducting the state level technical paper presentation competition “ELECTRONICA-09” during 5th and 6th May 2009 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology. Organizer for Social Event in Feb 2009 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology. Emcee for the various events hosts by DBIT. Coordinator for placement activates till 2013 at DBIT.
Courses Handled :
Basic Electronics, Analog electronics, LD, EI, Control Systems, LIC,AC,M& E,OS, Adv Microprocessor, RTS, RTOS, Image Processing, AES, Embedded System Design, GSM
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Coordinator and sole responsible for building and updating departmental files 05,16,23,26,32 and 41
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• Presented and published “Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imaging using Global Back Projection (GBP) Algorithm for airborne Radar Systems” in the ICCTEST-2017,KUHOME,KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand organised by DBIT, Bangaluru, ISBN 978-81-93-1119-5-6 Grenze ID 2. ICCTEST.2017.1.77 Pg no 1238-1243.
• presented and published “Multi-Sensors in Locomotives for Explosion Detection and Avoider Through De-Clamping and WPAN” International Conference on current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology,ICCTEST-2017,KUHOME,KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand organised by DBIT,Bengaluru,,ISBN:978-81-93-1119-5-6,Grenze scientific society,ICCTEST.2017.1.77 P.No.1238-1243.
• Data Security for EPC Gen-2:VLSI design and its FPGA implementation. Published in “Wireless control & Communication Technologies(NCWCT-2014)”ISBN:9788192710471 Dr.AIT,Bangalore.2014,volume-1 pg nos 113-120
• Design and Implementation of EPC Gen2 using FPGA”, ‘International journal of innovative research in science, engineering & technology. June 2014, Volume-3Pg no.,13061-68
• Presented paper entitled “A Novel eye movement recognition algorithm using video oculography,” at International Conference on Advanced trends in VLSI & Signal Processing(ICAVSP-2014), KSIT,Blr.
• Presented paper in ICRTSIV titled “Dual node CPU card for space craft”.
• Attended workshop of program on Raspberry Pi3 from 18th to 22nd July 2016.
• Participated in the seminar conducted on computer networks on 17th Sep 2016.
• Participated in three day workshop on “Research Methodologies & Latex” organised by VTU e-learning centre from, 26th to 28 th May 2016.
• Workshop on Image Processing conducted by RVCE on 17 -19th July 2013.
• Workshop on Digital Image Processing conducted by KSTA on 7th and 8th NOV .2013
Research Area :Her research interest covers Wireless communication , Low cost and low power Embedded Systems , Real time operating systems.
• She was the advisor to the project entitled “ AUTOMATIC DETECTION OF EMERGENCY VEHICLES STUCK IN A TRAFFIC JAM”, which adjudged as one of the outstanding project of the uear and was selected for the “project of the year” award under KSCST of 26th series SSP.