Mr. Arun Kumar has completed his B.A. in Rashtra Bhasha Praveen from Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha of Bangalore Branch. He then had his Hindi Shikshak B.Ed. from Karnataka Mahila Hindi Seva Samithi, Bangalore. Later, he had done his M.A. in Hindi and M.A. in Kannada from KSOU. Mysore University.
Experience & Designation: Mr. Arun Kumar had started his career as a Hindi and Kannada teacher from Pragati High School of Bangalore and served for 2 years. He had then taken up an assignment at St. John’s Educational Institution and served the institution for 13 years. He then joined in Darshan College of Mysore Road and worked as a Hindi and Kannada Lecturer for 5 years. He joined the DBIPUC in 2015, as a Hindi Lecturer. Altogether, he has put in 26 years of teaching experience at High School, PU and UG levels. Simultaneously, he has been teaching Hindi part-time, at tutorial level.
Skills:Mr. Arun Kumar is good at teaching, administrative, and creative skills like dramatics, poetry, debate ,essay-writing and singing .
Expertise/Specialisation: Mr. Arun Kumar has specialized in Hindi and Kannada Literature especially in Janapada and Daasara Sahitya. He has been learning Sanskrit language from Samskrutha Bharathi, Girinagar and has completed two levels.
Academic Responsibilities :
Mr. Arun Kumar has handled efficiently the academic related duties such as conducting examinations, undertaking Board and University Examination Valuation, Documentation of official work, attending the Board meetings, seminars and orientation programmes.
Mr. Arun Kumar has been actively involved in conducting and organizing various Debates, Discussions, Dramatics, Curricular and Co-curricular Competitions, events and functions.
Courses Handled :
Mr. Arun Kumar , during his long career, taught Hindi and Kannada at various levels of School, such as 8th – 10th stds. of State Board, ICSE and CBSE Schools. He also taught Hindi and Kannada at PU and Degree levels. He has been teaching Hindi at various levels of Hindi Prachaar Sabha and Karnataka Mahila Hindi Seva Samithi. He is also coaching High School students for Hindi Competitive Examinations, at Tutorial Colleges.
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• Mr. Arun Kumar has attended a Hinidi National Level Seminar on ‘The Influence of South Indian Languages on Hindi’, organized by Central Hindi Directorate, New Delhi at Bangalore in 1992.
• A National level seminar organized by Christ College in 2000.
• The Hindi Pracharak Sammelan at Bangalore in2003.
• A One day kannada State Level Seminar organized at Vijaya College, Bangalore in 2013.
• A two-day Dr. Shiva Rudrappa Memorial State level Seminar organized by Vijaya College in 2014.
• The Kannada Dasa Sahitya Parishad National level Seminar organized by Sheshadripuram Degree College, Bangalore in 2014 and an Inter-collegiate Literary Fest conducted by Jain College, Bangalore in 2014.
Research Area :Mr.Arun Kumar has done an extensive study for the Gramacharitra Kosha at Vijayanagara Vidhana Sabha Kshetra, Karnataka Janapada Vishwa Vidyalaya , Haveri District, in 2013.
• Mr. Arun Kumar has guided the students for State, ICSE and CBSE Board Examinations, University Examinations and Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha level Examinations.
• He was honoured as the ‘Best Hindi Prachaarak’ in 2004, by Karnataka Mahila Seva Samithi, Chamarajapet, Bangalore. He was felicitated by Dr. Rajakumar Abhimanigala Sangha in 2009 as the ‘The Best Hindi Teacher’ at Gandhinagar, Bangalore.