Mrs. Koushalya P R joined DBIT in 2009 working full-time as an Assistant Professor educating the students in Engineering Physics content. She has received BSc degree in PCM from Bangalore University, MSc degree in Solid State Physics from Christ University, Bangalore. Presently she is working for PhD in VTU under the guidance of Dr.K N Anuradha, Dr.AIT, and Bangalore. She worked on “Deposition of light absorbing semiconductors on graphene and characterization” under the guidance of Prof. Arindam Ghosh, IISc as Summer Research fellow at IISc, Bangalore (part time).
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She has Published one paper in National and one paper in International journal. Presented one paper in national and seven papers in international conferences and attended several workshops, seminars, Faculty Development Programmes. She also played the role of time table coordinator, Test co-ordinator of the department. Actively co-ordinated the Academic Co-curricular & Extra-curricular activates held within & outside the campus. Also co- participated in cultural & sports events held in the institution
Courses Handled :
She is handling the subjects “Engineering Physics”, “Engineering physics lab” and “Constitution of India & Professional ethics” for BE student in the institution. She is working as a Class Teacher and Mentor for a set of students.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Class teacher & Mentor
International Journal paper :
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N, “Size Dependent Magnetic Properties of Nd0.7Ca0.3MnO3 Nanomanites”, 2015 International Conf. on Material Science and Technology (ICMST-2012), IOP publication, Vol.73, issue 012007.
National Journal Proceedings paper:
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N, “Influence of Synthesis Route on Magnetic Properties of Nd0.7Ca0.3MnO3 nano manganites”,2015 National Conference on Advanced Functional Materials (AFM-2015), ISBN no.: 978-93-85682-04-9.
International conference papers:
• Koushalya P R, Nandini Sudhir, Ashwini chavan V M, “Variation in charge order magnetic properties of Pr0.63Ca0.37Mn0.98Ga0.02O3 bulk and nano manganites”,2017 International Conference on Current Trends Engineering Science and Technology, DBIT,Bangalore.
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N, “Synthesis and Magnetic properties of Bulk and Nano Pr0.57Ca0.43Mn0.98Ga0.02O3 Manganites”, 2016 International Conference on Smart Engineering Materials ICSEM-2016, Bangalore.
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N , “Enhanced Grain Surface effect on magnetic properties of Pr0.57Ca0.43Mno3 Nano manganites”, 2016 Second Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology, NIE Mysore
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N, “Synthesis of Pr1-xCaxMn0.98Ga0.02O3 (x=0.37 and x=0.43) nano manganite by Sol-gel method and Structural Studies”, International conference on frontiers & challenges in chemistry, 10-11 October, 2013, DBIT, Bangalore.
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N , “Size Dependent Magnetic Properties of Nd0.7Ca0.3MnO3 Nanomanites”, 2013 First Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology, NIE Mysore
• Koushalya P R, Anuradha K N , “Collapse of Charge order in Nd0.7Ca0.3MnO3 Nano manganites prepared by sol-gel method”, 2013 International Conference on Current Trends in Nanotechnology, St’ Thomas college, Pala, Kerala.
Seminars , Conferences & workshops :
• Co-ordinated and participated in “Three day national lecture workshop on NANO SCIENCES & NANO TECHNOLOGIES for teachers and students and NANO MELA-2010”, April 28-30, 2010 held at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in “Current Trends in Novel Materials”, Feb 4-5, 2011 held at Christ University, Bangalore.
• Co-ordinated and participated in “XXXI Refresher Course in Experimental Physics”, August 08-23, 2011 held at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Member of Organizing committee and participant in “Recent Advances in Materials Science RAMS-2011”, Oct. 21-22, 2011 held at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in “Personality Development for Teachers”, Nov 28-29, 2011 held at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Co-ordinated the “International Conference on Mathematical Modelling (ICMM-2016)”, Dec. 23-24, 2016 held at DBIT, Bangalore.
Research Area :She is working on “Magnetization, Magneto transport & Electron Paramagnetic Resonance studies on some doper manganites” as her research interest.