Mr. Saleem Khan is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has more than 11 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses and 02 years of Industrial experience. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University, M. Tech. degree in Manufacturing Science and Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and perusing PhD in the field of Composite Materials from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as NBA coordinator, Time table Coordinator, Deputy Chief Superintendent VTU Examinations, Proctor (Mentor) coordinator, Workshop lab incharge, web design coordinator, seminar coordinator, VTU theory Exams coordinator, etc..
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Engineering Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials, Kinematics of Machines, Dynamics of Machinery, Fluid Mechanics, Composite materials, Theory of Metal Forming, Theory of Metal Joining and Laboratories such as Workshop, Computer Aided Engineering Drawing lab, Machine shop, Materials Testing Lab, Foundry and Forging Lab, Metrology and Measurement Lab, Fluid Machinery Lab, Energy Conversion Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA coordinator, Course Coordinator for Fluid Mechanics subject
Research Publications / Presentations :
• C. S. Ramesh, Saleem Khan, K. Zulfiqar, K.S. Sridhar, "Slurry Erosive Wear Behavior of Hot Extruded Al6061-Si3N4 Composite", Materials Science Forum, Vols. 773-774, pp. 454-460, 2014, ISSN: 1662-9752
• C. S. Ramesh, Saleem Khan, Zulfiqar khan, Praveennath koppad, Tribological Behaviour of Hot Extruded Al6061-Si3N4Composite, Proc. ASME. 56185; Volume 2A: Advanced Manufacturing, V02AT02A050.November 15, 2013,IMECE2013-64459, doi: 10.1115/IMECE2013-64459, ISBN: 978-0-7918-5618-5
• Saleem Khan, Siddharameshwara Swamy H, Evaluation of Mechanical properties of jute fiber and boron Carbide reinforced with epoxy based hybrid composites, Inetnational Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology(ICCTEST 2017),DBIT,Bangalore, India(Publication in Process).
• M.S. Bhagyashekar, C.S. Ramesh, Saleemkhan, “Preliminary studies on stress corrosion failure of Al alloy-SiC composites”, National conference on Mechanical Engineering, NATCON.ME-2004, MSRIT, Bangalore, Mar. 2004.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• FDP on Manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at DBIT, Bengaluru jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016
• One day seminar on ADVANCES IN AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGY held at Alliance College of Engineering and Design, Alliance University, bangaluru on 9th January 2017.
• One day National Conference on Mechanical Engineering, organised by MSRIT, Bangalore.
• One day Inetnational Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology(ICCTEST 2017),DBIT,Bangalore, India.
Research Area :Composite Materials
• Getting Good results in problematic subjects, Published papers at National and International level in Journals and Conferences, Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.