Mr. B.S Praveen Kumar is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has more than 13 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses and 4 years of research and 2 Years of Industrial Experience. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University, M. E degree in Machine Design from Bangalore University and pursuing PhD in the field of Coating technology from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Head of Kuka Robotics centre of excellence, PG Coordinator for more than 5 years, Chief Coordinator-Time table, Deputy chief Superintendent VTU Examinations, Proctor (Mentor) coordinator, etc. He is also working as a guest reviewer for 02 international journals including Springer and other Publications.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as, Mechanics of Materials, Kinematics of Machines, Dynamics of Machinery, Finite element Methods, Mechanical Vibrations, Control Engg and Laboratories such as Workshop, Foundry & Forging Lab, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA coordinator, PG Coordinator, Head Kuka Robotics, Life member of ISTE, IIPE
Research Publications / Presentations :
• B S Praveen Kumar, K M Narayanappa and Ramesh “Artificial Neural Networks approach to predict Wear behaviour of Ni-WC Composite Coatings deposited by Electro co deposition technique,”IJETED,July 2015,pp.44-53, ISSN 2249-6149
• Shivakumar and B S Praveen Kumar “Study of Wear, Corrosion and SEM of Ni-Al2O3 Composite Coated Specimens,”July 2016,pp. ISSN 2321-0613
• Madivallapa and B S Praveen Kumar “Study of Wear, Corrosion and SEM of Ni-Al2O3 Composite Coating on MS Sample at 500c,”July 2016,pp. ISSN2321-0613.
• Pradeep R,B S Praveen Kumar and Prashanth B “Evaluation of mechanical properties of aluminium alloy 7075 reinforced with silicon carbide and red mud composite,”Nov-2014,pp.1081-1087, ISSN 2091-2730.
• Mahendra H M,B S Praveen Kumar,Puttaswamaiah S and G S Prakash “Design and crash analysis of a rollcage for formula,” July 2014,pp.126-130,ISSN 2321-7308.
• Shivaraj and B S Praveen Kumar “ Experimental Determination and Analysis of Fracture Toughness Of MMC,”July 2014,pp. 887-892,ISSN 020141213.
• Yaswanth and B S Praveen Kumar “Vibration Analysis of Two Wheeler Connecting Rod,” July 2014,pp. 2247-2249, ISSN 02014657.
• B S Praveen Kumar, K M Narayanappa “Statistical Optimization of Electrodeposition of Ni-WC Composites Coating using Response Surface Method IC-SMTEE-2016 at Sahyadri College of Engg and Management,Mangaluru.
• B.S.Praveen kumar,V.S Ramamurthy, Shivanna. “cryogenicTreatment to minimize Flank Wear of AISI HSS Tools” Proceedings of International Conference iDeM14, at M .A .College of Engineering,KERALA,10-11, Jan 2014,pp112-119.
• Shivanna,V.S. Ramamurthy,.B.S.Praveen kumar . “Evaluation of Mechanical properties and Microstructure of LM6 (AL-Si12%)-Boron nitride particulate reinforced composites” Proceedings of International Conference iDeM14, at M .A .College of Engineering KERALA, 10-11, Jan 2014, pp107-111.
• Pradeep R and B S Praveen Kumar Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Aluminium 7075 reinforced with silicon carbide and red mud composite,on 2012 held at R.R.Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
• B S Praveen Kumar, J N Prakash, Manjunath, Manoj, Bahadur and Lokesh V R “Design and Development of Two Ton Capacity Pneumatic Press for processing PMC’S and metallic Powder Compaction,” DOCAM May 2012 at EWIT Bangalore.
• B S Praveen Kumar, Umakant S and Raghunandan S P “Design and Analysis of Solar Panel Array Supporting Structure,” DOCAM May 2012 at EWIT Bangalore.
• B S Praveen Kumar, J N Prakash and Rajasekar “Design and Development of Drop Weight impact testing machine for testing Composite Materials and Alloys,” DOCAM May 2012 at EWIT Bangalore.
• B S Praveen Kumar, Lokesh G N,Shanthakumar G C, L H Manjunath,H V Panchakshari and D Madhu “Stress and Vibration Analysis of stress in Rotor Blades with Mid span Shrouds” at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, on 09/02/2007 to 10/02/2007 held at Davanagere.
• S S Prabhakara, K S Nagaprasad, B S Praveen Kumar and D Madhu “Non Destructive Evaluation Techniques a review, Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, on 09/02/2007 to 10/02/2007 held at Davanagere.
• B S Praven Kumar G N Lokesh “ Vibration and stress analysis of Mid Span Shrouds in Rotor Blades,” Deccan College of Engineering and Technology, on 05/03/2007 held at Hyderabad.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• FDP on Manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at DBIT.
• Bengaluru jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016
• Attended 2 days Conference Yantrotsav 2006 at Acharya Institute of Technology
• I.S.T.E short term programming on Advanced Composite Materials and their applications, from
• 26th to 30th March 2007 at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
• Attended 1 day Workshop on Advances in tribo Technologies at Bangalore institute of technology
• Attended 2 days Conference on Latest Technologies on Product Life Cycle Management at JSSATE
• I.S.T.E one day Workshop on “Latex” on 20th March 2013 at DBIT, Bangalore
• Participated in FDP program on “Foundry and Forging Lab” organized by Mech Dept, DBIT, Bangalore on 24th July 2013.
• Participated in FDP program on “Fluid Machinery Lab” organized by Mech Dept, DBIT, and Bangalore on 25th July 2013.
• Participated in FDP program on “Energy Conversion Lab” organized by Mech Dept, DBIT, Bangalore on 26th July 2013..
• Participated in 3 Days Workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” at Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagara from 27th to 29th 2013.
• Chaired session at ICCSEM-2013 0n 26th -27th September 2013 conducted at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.
• Invited as Guest of Honor & Speaker for Mechnium-2015 on 12/03/2015 at DSSSMCE Bangalore.
• Participated in TEQIP sponsored FDP program on “Composite Coating Technologies from 28/10/2013 to29/10/2013 at PESIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in FDP on PG Design Lab at VTU Regional center.
• Attended 3 Days FDP Program PG Design Lab 1at KSIT Bangalore
Research Area :Composites ,Composite Coatings, Vibrations
• Worked as Technical Head in API-Koshys IIHT Education centre Cameroon ,Responsible for setting up Kuka Robotics centre of Excellence ,Coating Machine at DBIT, Chief team advisor for Solar car Championship. Reviewer for international journals. Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.