Mr. K.C. Anantha Padmanabham is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore Road, Bengaluru and has more than 19 years of teaching and 3.5 years of Industry experience. He has received B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from Sri Venkateswara’ University, Tirupathi, M. Tech degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from JNTUniversity, Hyderabad and pursuing PhD in the field of composite materials from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Working and Worked as Time table Coordinator, Proctor (Mentor),Lab in charge ,Deputy Chief Superintendent of VTU Examinations, Project coordinator, convener and organising committee member of conference and seminar, Anti ragging committee member etc.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Basic thermo Dynamics ,Fluid mechanics, Turbo machines, Energy Engineering, Heat and Mass transfer, Auto mobile engineering, Operations Research, Operations Management ,Energy conversion Engineering lab, Fluid machinery lab, Heat and Mass transfer lab, Foundry and forging lab etc
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Department Chief Coordinator, Life member of ISTE
Research Publications, Presentations :
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Experimental investigation on mechanical properties and microstructure studies of AL - 4.5% Cu alloy reinforced with Zircon sand and Graphite International journal of Emerging trends in Engineering and development Page NO: 106-117, Issue 6, vol 1(January 2016) Indexed ISSN 2249-6149 .
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Darshan B,G, Somasekhar.R Effect of additives on silica sand mould for aluminium casting International conference ICCTEST- 17 on JAN 5-7, 2017 at DBIT, Bangalore.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Darshan B.G ,Harish.N.G Design and analysis of press tools for retainer of lower door hinge of an automobile International conference ICCTEST- 17 on JAN 5-7, 2017 at DBIT, Bangalore.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Darshan B.G, Harish.N.GDesign and Analysis of Injection Mould Tool For Machan B8INYAC ICTAG14 on April 9-102014 Sivaji College of Engineering, Manivila.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Darshan B.G ,Harish.N.G Design Effect of Base Sand and Additives on Sand Mould for Al Castings in National Conference on CST2013 on April 22-23, 2013at NIT, Tiruchinapalli .
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, B.N.Venkatesh Experimental Study on Mechanical Properties of AA7005/ AL2O3 MMCSON 011, , April 7-9,2011 DBIT, Bangalore.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, R,Suresh kumar ,Darshan B.G ,Harish.N.G Dry Sliding Wear Study of Mild Steel Coated with Titanium, OEGC, , Feb 3-5. 2011 RVCE, Bangalore.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Harish.N.G Effect of Additives on Olivine Sand Mould for Al Casting, National Conference on NCACHME -10, April 23-24, 2010.Shirdi Sai Engineering College, Bangalore.
• K.C. Anantha Padmanabham, Darshan B,G ,Harish.N.G, Effect of Additives on Chromate Sand Mould for Al Casting, National Conference, April 9-10, 2010, Shravana Belogola Institute of Technology, Shravana Belogola.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on manufacturing solutions using Auto Desk Products and Auto desk fusion 360 from July 19-23, 2016 at DBIT Bengaluru.
• Attended work shop on Research Methodologies and Latex organised by VTU e learning centre and May 26-28, 2016 at DBIT, Bengaluru.
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on Lab view for Mechanical engineers SEP25, 2014 JSSATE, Bangalore.
• Attended Faculty Development Programme Trends and issues in project management May26-30, 2014 ISTE and Dayananda Sagar College, Bangalore.
• Attended one day work shop on latex held on March 20, 2014 at DBIT, Bengaluru.
• Attended the work shop on Out Come based Education on April 29th and May 9th -11th ,2013 at PES institute of technology, Bangalore-85.
• Participated one day National seminar on Emerging Trends in Materials and Thermal Engineering, March 20th, 2013 at DBIT Bengaluru.
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on HMT and Applied Thermodynamics Jan 30-31 2012 at DBIT, Bengaluru.
• Two days National Seminar on Recent Advances in Materials Science, Oct 21-22, 2011 at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Attended One day, Seminar on Progress in Conservation of Energy, April 27, 2010 JSSATE, Bangalore.
• Attended Refresher course in the subject fluid flow heat transfer and their applications NOV12—DEC 03, 2003 conducted by JNTU and UGC at JNTU, Hyderabad.
• Attended Refresher course in Engineering Graphics and Engineering Mechanics OCT 21- 31 ,1998 conducted by JNTU and ISTE at JNTU,Hyderabad .
Research Area :Composite Materials
• One of student project guided by him titled Fabrication And Performance Testing of Efficient Stove For Rural Use funded by KSCST in year 2012.