Mr. KARTHIK S.B is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru. Ha has 5 years of teaching experience in UG and PG courses and 1.5 years industrial experience. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from JNNCE, Shivamogga under Visvesvaraya Technological University, M.Tech degree in Product Design and Manufacturing from Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education University, Tumkur. He is pursuing PhD under Visvesvaraya Technological University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Working as a Class Teacher, Time Table Coordinator, Test Coordinator, Mentor. NBA Course coordinator.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements Of Mechanical Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Economy, Material Science And Metallurgy, Design For Manufacturing, Computer Aided Engineering Drawing.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Course coordinator
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Nikitha D.S, Karthik S.B, Kishore. Development And Evaluation Of Density And Porsity OfAluminium Foams,(IJRET),International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology eISSN: 2319-1163 | pISSN: 2321-7308.
• Karthik S B,Arahanth, Design and Development of a Potato Slicer,International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR),Journal publication number ISSN: 2278-1684, PP: 21-26.
• Arahanth, Karthik S B,Numerical Simulation On Multi Chamber Piston Ci Engine,International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR), ISSN: 2278-1684, PP: 58-65.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• The International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology (ICCTEST – 2017) On 5th Jan 2017 Held At DBIT Bangalore.
• All india seminar on Residual Stress : Key Challanges and Remidies on 21st and 22nd jan 2016 held at silver jubliee auditorium central power research institute, bengaluru.
• International conference on ceramic and advanced materials for energy and environament on 15-17 december 2015 held at christ university , kengeri bengaluru.
• One day workshop on refactory condition monitoring on 14th december 2015 held at christ university , kengeri bengaluru.
• First National conference on green computing technologies NCGCT-2015.on 07th may 2015 at Dayananda Sagar Academy Of Technology,Bangalore.
• Three day workshop on “Research Methodology & latex” on 26th and 28th may 2016 organised by VTU held at DBIT Bengaluru.
• National Conference On Innovative Trends In Mechanical Engineering on12th and 13th Feb-2016 held at christ university , kengeri bengaluru.
• Five day workshop on Manufacturing Solutions Using Auto Desk Productcs And Autodesk Fusion 360 from 19th -23d july 2016 organized by Capricot Technologies Pvt Ltd held at DBIT Bengaluru.
Research Area :His area of research focused on Product Design, Advanced Materials, Advanced welding and Metallurgical Properties.
• 100% results. Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.