Mr. Somashekar R is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 3 years of Industrial and Technical and 1 year of Teaching experience in UG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from DBIT, Bangalore, Visvesvaraya Technological University. M.Tech. Degree in Manufacturing Science and Engineering from GHCE, Ramanagaram under Visvesvaraya Technological University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as website coordinator, Result Analysis coordinator, Mentor, Exam coordinator,
Courses Handled :
He has taught CAMD Subject, Laboratories such as Computer Integrated manufacturing Lab, Computer Aided Modelling and Analysis Lab, Computer Aided Machine Drawing Lab, Energy Conversion Lab.
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Somashekar.R , S.N. Harish and B.S. Kanthraju “Two-Body Abrasive wear Behaviour of TiO2 Particulate Filled Jute Fabric Reinforced Epoxy Composite”. IJTED Issue 4, Vol.5 ,Aug.- Sep. 2014, ISSN 2249-6149.
• B.S. Kanthraju ,Somashekar R, B. Suresha “Influence of Zirconia Particles on mechanical and dry slididng wear characteristics of glass basalt fiber reinforced composites” GRENZE, ICCTEST 2017, 5-7 Jan 2017.
• K.C.Ananthapadmanabham, Dharshan B G and Somashekar R Effect of additives on silica sand mould for aluminium casting International Conference on Current trends in Engineering Science and Technology(ICCTEST-2017) at Don Bosco Institute of Technology held during 05-07th January 2017, Bangalore.
• Dharshan B G, K.C.Ananthapadmanabham and Somashekar R Design and Analysis of Injection Mold Tool For Machan B8INYAC ICTAG14 International Conference on Technological Advancements and Green Goverance at Sivaji College of Engineering held during 09 -10th April ,Manivila ,Tamilnadu.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Five Day FDP on Altair Hyper Works, RRCE,Bangalore, on 17-21 JAN 2017.
• Five Day on Manufacturing Solutions Using Autodesk Products & Autodesk Fusion 360, DBIT, Bangalore, 19-23 JAN 2016
• Coordinator for various activities at department and college level