Mr. Bhaskar Raju S A is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru. He has 7 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and 1 year of Industrial experience. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, M.Tech degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. He is currently pursuing Doctoral degree from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Professional Bodies coordinator, Examiner for VTU practical examinations, Mentor.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Design of Machine Elements I, CAD/CAM, Mechanical Measurements and Metrology, Industrial Management Manufacturing Process, Mechanics of Materials, Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Automotive Engineering.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA coordinator
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Bhaskar Raju S A, A R K Swamy and A Ramesh “Mechanical and Tribological behaviour of Aluminium Metal matrix Composites using Powder Metallurgy Technique—A Review”, International Journal Mechanical Engineering & Robotic Research 2014, ISSN 2278 – 0149, Vol. 3, No. 4, Page No. 551-563 October 2014.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Bhaskar Raju S A , Hemanth Kumar C and Jayasimha SLN, “Mechanical Characterization of ZA-27 Reinforced with Silicon Carbide MMC”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Current Trends in Eng., Science and Technology, ICCTEST 2017 held at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 5th January 2017.
• "Python for Scientific Computing" held at Sir M.VIT, Bangalore on 30th April and 1st May 2010.
• Three day Seminar on "Aerospace vehicles" under Faculty development programme of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum at K S Group of Institutions, Bangalore on 2nd to 4th February 2011.
• Two Week ISTE Workshop on “Computational Fluid Dynamics”, Organized by IIT Bombay held at Nitte Meenaksi Institute of Technology, Bangalore from 12th June to 22nd June, 2012.
• Two day workshop on “SCILAB Programming” on 15th and 16th December, 2014 held at BMSIT, Bangalore..
• Three day workshop on “Research Methodologies & Latex” from 26th to 28th May 2016, organized by VTU, held at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Five day Workshop on “Manufacturing Solutions Using Autodesk Products & Autodesk Fusion 360” from 19th to 23rd July 2016, organized by CAPRICOT Technologies Pvt. Ltd., held at DBIT, Bangalore.
Research Area :Composite Materials
• Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.