Mr. Vishwanath B R is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 4.5 years of teaching experience in UG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University and M.Tech degree in Design Engineering from DBIT, Bengaluru under Visvesvaraya Technological University. Currently he is Pursuing Ph. D in the field of Design under VTU.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He has taken academic responsibilities as Class Teacher, Mentor, Student Discipline committee, Project guide. Vismay Cultural Fest Coordinator.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Dynamics of Machine, Manufacturing Process 3, Design of Machine Elements 1 & 2, Finite Elements Methods, Mechanics of Materials, Laboratories such as CAED, Work Shop, Foundry Forging Lab, Energy Conversion Lab, Machine shop, M T Lab Etc.,
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Cultural Coordinator , Course Coordinator
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Prasanna, Sharanabasappa, Vibhas Purushothaman, Vishwanath B R “Design and Fabrication of Solar and Biogas operated Hybrid Stove” IJRDT,Volume 6,Issue 5 ISSN:-2349-3585 pp:81-87
• Prasanna, Sharanabasappa, Vishwanath B R , Kishore, " Design and Fabrication of Cam Operated Coveyor for Spherical Components Transporation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2 Issue 6, pp.53-58, November-December 2016
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• One Day National seminar on Emerging Trends in Materials and Thermal Engineering (ETMT2013) at DBIT, Bangalore on 20 March 2013.
• Five Day on Manufacturing Solutions Using Autodesk Products & Autodesk Fusion 360, DBIT, Bangalore, 19-23 JAN 2016
• FDP on Auto Desk Inventor for Engineering Drawing Held at VTU Regional Center Nagarabhavi Bangalore,May-2015
Research Area :Design, Vibration, Advanced Materials.
• Published Book on Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Computer Aided Machine Drawing.