Mr.Ranganatha S R is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has more than 6 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses, 2 years of research and 1 year of Industrial Experience. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, M. E degree in Machine Design from Bangalore University and Pursuing PhD in the field of Materials and Design Under Bangalore University, Bangalore.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Working as Training Coordinator for DBIT-KUKA-Robotics Training Center, Chief Coordinator for student Workshop Programme, VTU –Exam Coordinator, NBA Coordinator, Faculty Adviser for Students GO-KART vehicle Championship Programme.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Mechanics of Materials, Kinematics of Machines, Dynamics of Machinery, Finite element Methods, Design of Machine Elements and Laboratories such as Workshop, CAED, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab, Metrology and Measurement Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Training Coordinator for DBIT-KUKA-Robotics Training Center ,Chief Coordinator for student Workshop Programme, Mentor, Class teacher etc..
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Ranganatha S R, Chittappa H C and Tulsidas D, “Investigation on Three Body Abrasive Wear of AL2O3 filler on CFRP Composites,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies , Vol. II/ Issue III/April-June 2013, ISSN2249–8974,pp.83-85.(Citation-06),
• Ranganatha S R and V.S.Ramamurthy, “Investigation on Mechanical Behaviour of Filler AL2O3 in CFRP Composites,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.IV/ Issue III/July-Sept.,2013, ISSN 0976-3945,pp. 105-107.(Citation-04)
• Shivaraj, Ranganatha S R, V S Ramamurthy and K E Girish, “Buckling and Linear Static Analysis of Fuselage Structure Subjected to Air Load Distribution” International Journal of Advanced Research Science and Engineering, Vol. No.3, Issue No.9, September 2014 ISSN 2319-8354,pp. 375-381.
• Ranganatha S R, Shantharaja M and Paul Vizhian, “Mechanical Behaviour ofAl2014 Reinforced with Boron Carbide and Short Basalt Fiber Based Hybrid Composites” Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Application, Vol. 6, Issue 9, ( Part -1) September 2016 , ISSN : 2248-96229, pp. 35-37.
• Ranganatha S R and Kishore and Shantharaja M,” Investigation of Mechanical Behaviour of AL7075 Reinforced with Mica and Kaolinite Based Hybrid Composites” International conference on Current Trends Engineering, Science and Technology,05(01)2017
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• FDP on manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at DBIT, Bangalore jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016.
• One day FDP on “Fluid Machinery Lab” held at DBIT, Bangalore july-2013
• One day FDP on “Energy Conversion Lab” held at DBIT, Bangalore july-2013
• One day FDP on “Foundry and Forging Lab” held at DBIT, Bangalore july-2013
• Three days FDP on “Computer Aided Modelling and Analysis” held at DBIT, Bangalore Jan-2014
• Two days workshop on “Metallographic and Materials Testing” held at DBIT, Bangalore july-2013
• One Week Robotics Training Programme at KUKA College, Pune, Maharashtra.Jan-2014
• Four Days National Level GO-KART Vehicle Championship Held at Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
• FDP on Auto Desk Inventor for Engineering Drawing Held at VTU Regional Center Nagarabhavi Bangalore,May-2015
• Three Days International conference on Current Trends Engineering, Science and Technology (ICCTEST-2017) Held at DBIT, Bangalore.
Research Area :Materials and Design
• Qualified GATE-2010 in Mechanical Engineering, Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.(GO-KART Vehicle Championship), Appreciation Award for the Subject Design of Machine Elements-I and II