Mr. Amith A is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 4.5 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses and 2 years of research. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, M.Tech in Machine Design from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Internal assessment coordinator, Class Teacher, Mentor, Placement co coordinator, Examiner for practical VTU Examinations.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Management And Entrepreneurship, Design of Machine Elements -1, Design of Machine Elements -2 and Laboratories such as Workshop, Machine shop, Material Testing Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA course file coordinator
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Presented a paper titled “Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Glass fibre Reinforced Plastics” in the International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology, held during 5 January 2017 at DBIT, Bangalore.
• FDP on Manufacturing Solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at DBIT, Bengaluru jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016.
• Three days workshop on “Research Methodologies & Latex” held at DBIT, Bengaluru organized by VTU e- Learning Centre, Mysore on 26th to 28th May 2016.
• One day National seminar on “Emerging Trends in Materials and Thermal Engineering” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, held at DBIT on 20th March 2013.
• Presented a paper titled “Optimization of Tube Hydro Forming Process for SUV Long Member” in the National Conference on Development and Opportunities in Civil Engineering, Applied Sciences and Mechanical Engineering, held during 18th to 19th May 2012 at EWIT, Bangalore.
Research Area :Metal Matrix Composites
• Completed PhD course work exam, Got 100% result.