Mr. Arun A Magadum is working as Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has more than 7 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses and 3 years of research. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from VTU University, M. Tech degree in Thermal Power Engineering from VTU University and Pursuing PhD in the field of Internal combustion Engines from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Assistant Professor, Placement Coordinator, NBA coordinator, Web Design Coordinator, Class Teacher, Proctor (Mentor).
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Basic Thermodynamics, Applied Thermodynamics, Turbo Machines, Power Plant Engineering, Energy Engineering, Advance Power Plant Cycles, Theory of IC engines, Total Quality Management, Product Life Cycle Management, and Laboratories such as Heat and Mass Transfer Lab, Energy Conversion Lab, Workshop, CAED, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Placement coordinator, Website coordinator, NBA coordinator, Life member of IASTER, IAENG.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Three Days National Workshop on "Engineering Faculty Development” On 2nd to 4th Dec, 2013 held at DBIT Bangalore.
• FDP on manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at BBIT, Bengaluru jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016.
• Five Days National Workshop on “RECENT ADVANCES IN IC ENGENE” from 20th to 24th July, 2015 held at MSRIT Bangalore.
• Two Days National Workshop on “Renewable Energy” on 18th and 19th April, 2013 held at Reva Institute of Technology Bangalore.
• One day National workshop on “Emerging Trends in materials and Thermal Engineering “on 20th March 2013 held at DBIT Bangalore.
• Two days National workshop on “Research Proposal Preparation” on 24th and 25th June, 2016 held at KSEEM Bangalore.
• Three Days Workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” on 19th to 21st July, 2016 held at MIT Moodabidre.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on FOUNDRY AND FORGING LAB” on 24th July 2013 at DBIT Bangalore.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on Energy Conversion LAB” on 26th July 2013 at DBIT Bangalore.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on CAMA LAB” on 27th to 28th Jan 2014 at DBIT Bangalore.
• Arun A Magadum and Kiran Kumar , “Experimental Investigation of 4 Stroke Single cylinder Diesel Engine by using Mahua Oil”. National Conference on RECENT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SYSTEM 12th to 13th October 2012 in DBIT Bangalore.
• Arun A Magadum,and Kiran Kumar, “Performance and Emission Characteristics OF IC Engine by Using SIMARAUBA BIODIESEL “International Conference on ICCTEST on 5th to 7th Jan 2017 in DBIT Bangalore.
Research Area :Internal Combustion Engines(IC)
• Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.