Mr. B S Kanthraju is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 5 years of teaching experience in teaching UG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech degree in Product design and manufacturing from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and pursuing PhD in the field of polymer composites in VTU.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Guided 1 PG project and 7 UG projects, Worked as PLM (Siemens) coordinator, Placement coordinator, class teacher, mentor, Examiner for practical VTU Examinations. Worked in disciplinary committee for various events held at DBIT, Bangalore.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements of mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing process-II, Mechanical measurements and metrology, Kinematics of Machines, Mechatronics and Microprocessor, Operations research, Engineering Economy, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Operations management, Experimental stress analysis and Laboratories such as Workshop, Foundry and forging lab, FM lab, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Course coordinator (Mechanical measurement and metrology)
Research Publications / Presentations, Conferences :
• B.S.Kanthraju, B. Suresha and Manpinder S. Saini “EFFECT OF TYPE AND FILLER LOADING ON THE STATIC MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF GLASS-BASALT HYBRID FABRIC REINFORCED EPOXY COMPOSITES” IJAPME, Volume 1, issue 5 2015 ISSN(PRINT):2394-6202.
• B.S.Kanthraju and B. Suresha “Enhancement of Mechanical Properties and Wear Resistance of Epoxy:Glass Fiber, Basalt Fiber, Polytetrafluoroethylene and Graphite” Indian journal of advances in chemical science SI (2016) 107-113, ISSN No.: 2320-0898.
• B R Raju, B Suresha and B.S.Kanthraju “Assesment of cutting parameters influencing on thrust force and torque during drilling particulate filled glass fabric reinforced epoxy composites” International journal, JMMCE, may-2013. Vol. 1,101-109. ISSN Print: 2327-4077
• B R Raju, B Suresha and B.S.Kanthraju “Investigations on Mechanical and Tribological Behaviour of Particulate Filled Glass Fabric Reinforced Epoxy Composites” ” International journal, JMMCE, july-2013. Vol. 1,160-167. ISSN Print: 2327-4077
• B R Raju, B Suresha and B.S.Kanthraju “Three-Body Abrasive Wear Behaviour of Silicon Carbide Filled Glass-Fabric Reinforced Epoxy Composites Using Taguchi Method” Advances in Polymer Science and Technology: An International Journal, Sept-2013, ISSN 2277-7164.
• Somashekar R, Harish and B.S.Kanthraju “Two body abrasive wear behavior of TiO2 particulate filled Jute epoxy composites” IJETD, September-2014.
• B S Kanthraju and B. Suresha “Enhancement of mechanical properties and wear resistance of epoxy: glass fiber, basalt fiber, PTFE and graphite” International conference(ICMAT-2016) at SJCE, Mysore.
• B S Kanthraju, Somashekar R and B. Suresha “Influence of Zirconia particles on mechanical and dry-sliding wear characteristics of Glass-Basalt fiber reinforced composites” International conference (ICCTEST-2016) at DBIT, Bangalore.
• B.S.Kanthraju, B. Suresha and Manpinder S. Saini “Effect of type and filler loading on the static mechanical properties of glass-basalt hybrid fabric reinforced epoxy composite” International conference(ICPMAE-2015), Bangalore.
• B R Raju, B Suresha and B.S.Kanthraju “Prediction of thrust force and torque using step drill in drilling of alumina filled glass-fabric reinforced epoxy composites by taguchi method” International conference (ICAMMMT-2013), Tumkur.
• B S Kanthraju and B. Suresha “EFFECT OF ZIRCONIA FILLER LOADING ON MECHANICALPROPERTIES OF GLASS-BASALT HYBRID FABRIC REINFORCED EPOXY COMPOSITES” National conference (NCMMME-2016), NIE Mysore.• B S Kanthraju “Investigation of three body abrasive wear behaviour of glass-fabric reinforced epoxy composites filled with SiC particles using taguchi method” National conference(NCETEM-2013), Shivamogga.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Two days workshop on “COMPOSITES WS-2013” at NIE, Mysore
• Attended four days VTU-VGST FDP on “Sustainable product design and manufacturing” at ACS college of Engineering from 22-06-15 to 25-06-15
• Two Days National seminar on Recent Advances in Materials Science at DBIT, Bangalore on 21-22 Oct 2011
• Two days FDP Programmes on HMT & Applied Thermodynamics conducted by Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 30-31 JAN 2012
• One day FDP Programmes on MMT LAB conducted by METAL FORUM, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 23 July 2013
• One day FDP Programmes on F&F LAB conducted by METAL FORUM, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 24 July 2013
• One day FDP Programmes on FM LAB conducted by METAL FORUM, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 25 July 2013
• One day FDP Programmes on ECLAB conducted by METAL FORUM, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 26 July 2013
• Three day FDP Programmes on CAMA LAB conducted by METAL FORUM, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Bangalore on 27-28 JAN 2014
• One Day Workshop on LATEX organized by ISTE-DBIT, Bangalore on 20 March 2014.
• One Day National seminar on Emerging Trends in Materials and Thermal Engineering (ETMT2013) at DBIT, Bangalore on 20 March 2013.
Research Area :Polymer composites
• Secured third rank in M.Tech form Visvesvaraya Technological University.