Mr. K M Kiran Kumar is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengalore and has 6 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visveswaraya Technological University, M. Tech degree in Machine Design from Visveswaraya Technological University and Registered PhD in Visveswaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Time Table coordinator, Proctor (Mentor). Course Coordinator, METAL Coordinator and Guided eight UG Projects and five PG Projects.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Design of machine elements-I&II, Mechanical vibrations, Metrology and Measurements, Dynamics of mechanism design, Theory of Elasticity, Theory of plasticity, Design for Manufacturing and Laboratories such as Workshop, Machine shop, MT Lab, Design Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : 6 Semester Design of machine elements II Course coordinator
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Two day Seminar on Computational Fluid Dynamics organised by ACS COLLEGE Bangalore.
• FDP on manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360 held at BBIT, Bengaluru jointly organized by DBIT and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19.7.2016 to 23.7.2016.
• Three Days International conference - International Conference on current Trends Engineering Science and Technology - 2016 (ICCTEST-2017), Jan 5th at Don Bosco Institute of Technology,Bangaluru-560074.
• Three Days National Workshop on "Engineering Faculty Development” On 2nd & 3rd Dec, 2013 held at DBIT Bangalore.
• One day National workshop on “Emerging Trends in materials and Thermal Engineering “on 20th March 2013 held at DBIT Bangalore.
• Two days National workshop on “Research Proposal Preparation” on 24th and 25th June, 2016 held at KSEEM Bangalore.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on FOUNDRY AND FORGING LAB” on 24th July 2013 at DBIT Bangalore.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on Energy Conversion LAB” on 26th July 2013 at DBIT Bangalore.
• One day workshop on “Faculty Development Programme on CAMA LAB” on 27th to 28th Jan 2014 at DBIT Bangalore.
• Arun A Magadum and Kiran Kumar , “Experimental Investigation of 4 Stroke Single cylinder Diesel Engine by using Mahua Oil”. National Conference on RECENT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SYSTEM 12th to 13th October 2012 in DBIT Bangalore.
• Arun A Magadum,and Kiran Kumar, “Performance and Emission Characteristics OF IC Engine by Using SIMARAUBA BIODIESEL “International Conference on ICCTEST on 5th to 7th Jan 2017 in DBIT Bangalore.
Research Area :Polymer Matrix Composites
• 100% result in Theory of Elasticity Theory of plasticity, Design for Manufacturing