Mr. Suresh.Y is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has 6.5 years of teaching experience in teaching UG and PG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi and M.Tech degree in Thermal Power Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Working as a Alumni Coordinator, Proctor, AICTE Coordinator, Lab In-charge for Heat and Mass Transfer and Worked as a course File Coordinator for Basic Thermodynamics.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Basic Thermodynamics, Metrology and Measurements, Energy Engineering, Manufacturing Process III, Non Traditional Machining, Mechatronics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, IC Engines, Power Plant Engineering and Laboratories such as Workshop, CAED, Machine shop, MT Lab, FM Lab, ECE Lab, HMT Lab, CIM & Automation Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA coordinator, Proctor.
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Suresh.Y, Suresh R, Anil Kumar B N, “EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF CARCUS NUT BIO-DIESEL BLEND- COBALT OXIDE NANOPARTICLES ON CI ENIGNE”, International conference, ICCTEST-2017, pp.134-135.
• Suresh.Y, Manjunath, Dr. Vasudev, Sujeeth.S.R, “EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON CI ENGINE USING COBALT OXIDE NANO PARTICLES IN JATROPHA BIODIESEL BLENDS ”,ICEE-2014, ISBN; 978-93-81212-96-7, pp.96-97.
• Sujeeth S R, Manjunath, Suresh Y, “EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON CI ENGINE USING PONGAMIA-COBALT OXIDE NANO PATICLE BLENDS”, International Conference, ICEE-2014, ISBN; 978-93-81212-96-7, pp.98-99.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• Five days Faculty Development Programme on "Manufacturing solutions using Autodesk Products and Autodesk Fusion 360", held at DBIT, Bengaluru, jointly organised by DBIT and Capricot tech. pvt. ltd., from 19th to 23rd July 2016.
• Four days FDP on Practical aspects of "Computational fluid dynamics in application to heat transfer and fluid flow", held at CiTech, Bangalore, on 19th to 22nd Feb-2014.
• One day National seminar on "Emerging Trends in Materials and thermal engineering", held at DBIT, Bangalore on 20th March-2013.
• Five days FDP on "Nano technology" held at VTU, Belgavi on 11th to 15th April-2012.
• Five days FDP on "Teaching Methods" held at DBIT, Bangalore on 20th to 24th July-2010.
Research Area :Interested in Renewable energy, Thermal.
• Funded project sanctioned by SB Industries, Bommasandra, Project titled as "Chimney Cleaning System for general/Industrial applications" for Rs.60000. Organized an Auto Expo event in Mech-Show 2016 event. Organized Bio-fuel Camp in VTU, Belgavi for DBIT Students of 12 numbers and also Coordinator for different activities at department and college level.