Mr. Somashekar is working as Asst. Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru and has more than 15 Years of Industry experience and 10 Years in teaching UG courses. He has received B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University and M.Tech degree in Product Design and Manufacturing from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Proctor (Mentor) coordinator, Class Teacher, Lab-In charge (Machine Shop), Project coordinator, Technical seminar coordinator, Placement Coordinator etc. As part of VISMAY-2012(College Fest) –Stage committee, Participated in Interdepartmental Staff cricket tournament.
Courses Handled :
He has taught courses such as Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Management and Entrepreneurship, Non-Traditional Machining, Mechanical Measurements and Metrology, Energy Engineering, Total Quality Management, Biomass Energy and Rapid Proto Typing and Laboratories such as Workshop, Machine shop, Mechanical Measurements and Metrology ,Foundry and Forging ,Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab ,Heat and Mass Transfer and Energy Conversion Lab etc.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Coordinator for departmental placement activities.
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Somashekara, B.Ramesh Nayak and Raghu T “ Design and Development of Low Cost Shoe Polishing Machine” IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| PP 101-102,Vol. 4, Issue 06, 2016 | ISSN : 2321-0613
• Somashekara and Shivanna “ Performance of Deep Cryogenically Treated Molybdenum based M-35 Tool Steel”ICCTEST2017 (International Conference) held on 5th of January 2017 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology –Bangalore -74.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• One Day National Seminar on "Technology Roadmap of ICT" On 17th September 2016 held at Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Bangalore.
• Five Days Workshop on “Entrepreneurship Development Programme” held at BNMIT, Bengaluru from 27.01.2015 to 31.01.2015.
• One Day National seminar on “World Class Manufacturing Practices” Held on 4th November 2015 at JSS Academy of Technical Education Bangalore.
• Three Days FDP Programme on Metrology and Measurement Techniques Held during 2 to 5th of February 2009 at Mechanical Engineering Department, DBIT, Bangalore.
• Two Days Workshop on ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND MANAGEMENT Held during 1st and 2nd August 2008 at S.J.C Institute of technology, Chickballapur.
Research Area :Product design and manufacturing
• 100% Results in successive years and Coordinator for various activities at department and college level.