Mr. Basava Raju Pondhe is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering,Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Kumbalgudu, Bengaluru-74. He obtained his Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical Engineering) in 1979 from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) and Master of Engineering (Production Engineering) in 1981 from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Madras University. He has 2 years Teaching and 33+ years Industrial Experience (R & D, Business Intelligence, Competition Mapping, Joint Working, Joint Venture and Sales Engineering). Management Representative (MR) for ISO: 9000 – 2008. Core committee member of Quality Improvement Circle.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Key role in achieving MoU with HMT Machine Tools Ltd. - for industry visits, Internships, Projects and Faculty Development. In charge of Industrial Training Programs - Hydraulics, Pneumatics and PLC and Technical Exhibitions. Guide for Under Graduate Engineering Projects. He also served as Head of the Department of Civil Engineering for a semester.
Courses Handled :
Theory: Elements of Mechanical Engineering (EME), Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Constitution of India & Professional Ethics (CPH), Machine Tools & Operations and Non-Traditional Machining.
Labs.: Workshop, Machine Shop, CAED and Foundry& Forging.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Coordinator for NBA and Alumni. Committee Member for Anti-ragging, Students Discipline, Internship, Faculty Grooming and R & D. Professional Recognitions: Life Member of (a) The Institution of Engineers (India) and (b). Bangalore Management Association.
Research Publications / Presentations :
• Title of the book/Paper: Finite Element Analysis in Industry-Recent Trends, (NASDYN-98) by IIT-Madras."Finite Element Structural Analysis of CNC Lathe" (a). Part-1 (Modelling) and (b). Part-2 (Analysis and Redesign). Page Nos: 29-42; Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi.
• International journal: “Optimisation and Enhancement of Load Carrying Capacity of CNC Co-ordinate Drilling Machine using Finite Element Method”. Page Nos.: 1686-1692. ISBN/ISSN: 2229 – 5518. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 4, Issue 8, August-2013
• International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology (ICCTEST-2017): “Finite Element Structural Analysis of CNC Lathe”, at DBIT on 5th Jan., 2017.
Seminars and Conferences, workshops attended :
• FDP: “Manufacturing solutions using Autodesk products & Autodesk fusion 360” at DBIT, Bengaluru jointly organized by Mechanical Engineering Dept., and CAPRICOT Tech. Pvt Ltd from 19th -23rd July, 2016.
• INDO-US workshop on "Smart Machine Tools, Intelligent Machining Systems & Multi Scale Manufacturing”, 1 Week(Dec.2008), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore(TN).
• “General Management Programme” 1 week(Nov.2008) at Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A), Ahmadabad.
• “LCA -Advanced Pneumatics & Electro Pneumatics Control System & Techniques”, 3 weeks (Oct., 1985) at Foremen Training Institute, Bangalore with collaboration with Festo International Ltd., Germany.
• “Hydraulics System in Machine Tools”, 1 week (1983) Central Machine Tools Institute (CMTI), Bangalore.
• “Project Management” at Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai.
• “International Symposium on Advancements in Engineering Education and Technology” at The Institution of Engineers(India), Bangalore.
• “Project on Structural Finite Element Analysis of HMT CNC Precision Turning Centre, Model: PC-10”, June, 1993 – March, 1995, National Informatics Centre (NIC), New Delhi (Govt. of India).
• Worked as HoD-Civil Engineering Dept. Key role in achieving MoU with HMT Machine Tools Ltd. - for industry visits, Internships, Projects and Faculty Development. “Best Designs” award by CMTI-PMT Trust.