MAMATHA K is an Asst Professor in the Department of Information Science & Engineering, with an academic experience of 9 yrs. She has completed her B.E in Information Science & Engineering from V.T.U, Belgaum, and M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from V.T.U, Belgaum.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Primary duties of faculty include effective classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, participation in departmental committee work and curriculum development, applied research or scholarly activity, and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically, as well as other assigned duties.
Co-curricular Responsibilities :
• Appathon coordinator.
• Teaching for Campus Connect Program.
• Test Coordinator.
• Timetable Coordinator.
• Conducted Social Activity for Govt High School Students.
• Organised National Conference in DBIT.
• Organized software testing workshop at DBIT.
Courses Handled :
Programming in C, Data Structures, Design and Analysis of algorithms, Computer Networks, Analog and Digital Electronics, Logic Design, Software Testing, Unix Shell Programming Software Testing Lab, Design and Analysis of algorithms Lab, Analog and Digital Electronics Lab, Data Structures Lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA co coordinator
• Mamatha K,”A survey on Wireless Mesh Networks and Its Security Issues” International Conference on Engineering Science &Technology organised by DBIT,Bangalore,5 Jan 2017, ISBN no :80-474-482
• Mamatha K,” Layered Approach for Intrusion Detection” National Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology. DBIT, Bangalore, May 4, 2012.
• Mamatha K,” Digital Image Compression using EZW Transform Algorithms” National Conference, Dr. TTIT, KGF, March 25, 2011.
Workshops attended :
• Five Days Workshop on Data Structures using Python at DBIT from 23rd to 27th Jan 2017.
• Six days Faculty Development Program on OOP with JAVA for DAA Lab & ARM Microcontroller Programming in Association with Advanced Electronics System at JIT from 16 th to 21st Jan 2017.
• Five days Faculty Development Program on Android Application Development at DBIT from 18th-22nd July 2016.
• Five days Faculty Development Program on Web Technologies at DBIT from 8th-12th June 2015.
• Three days Faculty Development Program on Distributed computing system at DBIT from 29th -31st Jan 2015.
• Three days Faculty Development Program on MATLAB & its Applications at DBIT from Jan 30–Feb 01, 2012.
• Three days Faculty Development Program on Advanced Computer Architecture and Parallel Computing at VKIT from Feb 29-Mar 02 2012.
• Faculty Enablement Program on personality Development for Teachers at DBIT.
• Five days Faculty Development Program on Cluster Computing at Atria IT from 6-10 Aug 2007.
Research Area :Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Mesh Networks, Security Attacts.
• Best teacher award for obtaining 100% result in the following subjects: Adhoc Networks, Computer Networks & Design Analysis of Alogrithms.