Vijayshree G M.Tech . is an renowned Asst. Professor having 4.6 years of academic experience and 4 years of Industrial experience . She has received gold medal for securing first rank in M.Tech from VTU,Belgavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Prime responsibility of faculty is to meet the professional and institutional commitments at the college on a regular basis throughout the academic year. These commitments include time spent on teaching, research, student advising, and various kinds of college or outside professional service on committees. The faculty are expected to handle their teaching assignments with professional skill. They should be active participants as committee members, student advisers, or in whatever other capacity they can render the best service in the affairs of the department .
The co-curricular responsibility handled in the department was as a forum co-ordinator where we organized various technical competitions in the department . She was one of the co ordinator for arranging conference and seminar activities in the department. Student councelling was more concentrated in order to motivate the student towards technical and personality development.
Courses Handled :
Basic Electricals, Electric Circuit Analysis, Field Theory, Power system Analysis and stability, Computer Techniques in power system, Electrical design,estimation and costing, Power system operation and control, High Voltage , Operational Research. Management & Entrepreneurship , Electronics lab, Microcontroller lab, Control systems lab, Power system simulation lab, Analog electronics lab, High voltage and relay lab, Transformer and Induction machines lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Co-ordinator, Class Teacher, Mentor, UG seminar Co-ordinator, Library Incharge, Time Table co-ordinator, Lab Incharge, Forum Co-ordinator.
Paper Publications / Presentations :
• Mrs.Vijayshree G and Chandrashekar M J ,” Torque ripple reduction for a twelve sector IM DTC drive using four level hysteresis controls”,2012 National conference on Recent Trends & Applications In Electrical & Electronics Systems ,organised by Don Bosco Institute of Technology,Bangalore.
• Mrs.Vijayshree G, Mr. Rafi Ahmed Z,” Static VAR Compensator for PQ Enhancement in Distribution Generation “ , International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017 organised by Don Bosco Institute of Technology ,Bangalore. ISBN: 978-81-93-1119-5-6, p. 95-101.
• Rafi Ahmed Z, Vijayshree G, Sharmila R S and Sindhuja G, “Impact of additive DBDS on Leakage Current and DC Resistance of Paper-Oil Insulation in Power Transformers”, International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017 organised by Don Bosco Institute of Technology,Bangalore. ISBN: 978-81-93-1119-5-6 , p. 88-94.
• M H Hemanth Kumar, Vijayshree G, Dr R Prakash, Dr G C Shivsharannappa, “LOAD FLOW ANALYSIS OF DISTRIBUTION GENERATION SYSTEM USING IEEE 30 BUS SYSTEM” , IJEEE Aug 2016 Volume3,Issue 4 ,ISSN : 1694-2310 Pg. No.37-41.
FDP/Training Program :
• Short term programme on Computer Aided Electrical drawing on 22nd to 24th January ,2013 at RNS Institute Of Technology,Bangalore.
• Training program on Power System Simulation Part I using Mi Power software on on 1st to 5th December ,2014 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology Organised by PRDC,Bangalore.
• National workshop on “ Importance of Electrical Energy conservation in the present day energy crisis “ on 29th ,30th & 31st October 2014 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology Organised by PRDC,Bangalore.
• Training program on Power System Simulation Part II using Mi Power software on on 3rd & 4th March ,2015 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology Organised by PRDC,Bangalore.
• Faculty development programme on Personality Development on 22nd and 23rd July 2015 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology , Bangalore.
• Technical workshop on Power Simulation Software jointly organised by Vincisive Solutions Private Ltd. & Christ University on February 16th ,2016.
• Faculty Training Programme on Raspberry Pi3 on 18th -22th July 2016 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology , Bangalore.
• Workshop on Research issues and challenges in power system operations on 26th -30th July,2016 at SJBIT,Bangalore.
Research Area :Power System ,Renewable energy resources, Power electronics .
• Recevied VTU gold medal for securing First Rank in M.Tech, Power System Engineering in April 2013.
• Received National Institute of Engineering Silver Jubilee gold medal for securing highest percentage of marks in Power system Engineering in 2013.
• Received Late Sri Basavaraj Muddebihal gold medal for securing first rank in M.Tech , Power system Engineering in 2013.
• Meritorious performance for having secured 100 percent result in the subject Electrical estimation, design and costing.