Mrs.Padmashree V.Kulkarni M.Tech,(PhD). is an eminent Professor and Pursuing PhD in the field of machines, Control System, Power Electronics having 11.6 years of academic experience. She has Published 4 Research Papers in International Journal and 3 Papers in International /National Conferences. She has attended number of Workshops On IPR, Research Methodologies, Power System Simulation Software, Raspberry Pi3,Electrical Automation, Electrical Energy Conversation.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Primary duties of faculty include effective classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, participation in departmental committee work and curriculum development, applied research or scholarly activity, and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically, as well as other assigned duties like NBA co-ordinator for the departmental NBA activities, co-ordinator for SPARK-AURA students forum,participated as judge for different activites held in college cultural fest(VISMAY).Has organised national, international conference and workshops. Other responsibilities involves,Class teacher, M tech seminar Co-ordinator, proctor, Time table Co-ordinator,Lab incharge,member of anti Ragging committee.
Courses Handled :
Teaching career started with Basic Electrical Engineering , Basics of power system .Further it moved to handle versatile subjects both in UG and PG such as Power System Dynamics, Power System Operation and Control, Electrical Drawing, Power system Analysis, Electrical Machine design,VLSI,Control system, Modern Control Theory, Computer Techniques in power system, Industrial drives and application.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Co-ordinator.
Paper publications and Presentation :
• Padmashree V. Kulkarni Presented and Published “CONTROLLERS for POWER OSCILLATION DAMPING by STATCOM with ENERGY STORAGE”2017 International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017, KUHOME, KASETSART UNIVERSITY, Bangkok, Thailand organised by DBIT,Bengaluru, ISBN: 978-81-93-1119-5-6 Grenze ID: 02. ICCTEST.2017.1.77 P.No 895-900.
• Nikitha,Padmashree V. Kulkarni published paper “Combining a STATCOM with Battery Energy storage”,2016 , IJTRE, ISSN 2347-4718, Vol 3 Issue 10.
• Nikitha,Padmashree V. Kulkarni published paper “An adaptive Fuzzy logic controller for power oscillation damping by Statcom with energy storage”,2016 , IJEEE, ISSN 1694-2310, Vol 3 Issue 4.
• Padmashree V Kulkarni, Babitha S , Dr. Jyothi P Presented and Published” Understanding the Smart Control of Switch Reluctance Motor For Better Energy Management”,2016, , in proceedings of International conference on smart cities, Pg No:33-39.
• Babitha S , Padmashree V Kulkarni , Dr. Jyothi P Presented and Published “Torque Ripple minimization in 8/6 SRM by variation of conduction angle & XSG for controller design ”,2015 International conference on recent trends in signal processing, Image processing & VLSI organised by DBIT,Bengaluru,ISBN No: 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-27.
• Padmashree V Kulkarni, Sneha , Priyanka ,Presented “Energy Efficient Image Transmission In Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network”,2014, National Conference on “Frontiers of Computer Science.
• Padmashree V K ,Rahul Kumar Presented and Published “Analysis of Complex Faults In The Distribution System” 2011, , in proceedings of National Conferences on Recent Trends & Applications In Electrical & Electronics Systems, Pg No:8-13
Workshop attedened/organised :
• Attended one day workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights and Management” held at Dr.AIT on 10th August 2016
• Organised & Attended Faculty Development Programme on Raspberry Pi3 held on 18th – 22nd July 2016
• Attended three day workshop on “Research Methodologies and latex” Organised by VTU e-learning at DBIT from 26-28th May 2016.
• Attended three day workshop on “Recent Trends In Industrial& Process Automation” held at Dr.AIT from 21-23rd April 2016.
• Attended one day Techical workshop on “Power System Simulation Software ETAP” at Christ University held on Feb 16,2016 .
• Attended two day workshop on “Power System Simulation part -II” held at DBIT from 3rd -4th March 2015.
• Attended five day workshop on “Power System Simulation part -I” held at DBIT from 1st -5th December 2014.
• Organised & Attended National workshop on “Importance of Electrical Energy Conservation in the Present day Energy Crisis” held on 29th -31st Oct 2014.
• Attended three day workshop on “Mission 10X” held at DBIT from 2nd to 4th December 2013.
• Attended two day workshop on “Smart Grid Technology and Application” held at BIT from 20th and 21st September 2013.
• Organised & Attended National Conference on “ Recent Trends & Applications in Electrical & Electronics Systems” 28-30th April 2011.
Research Area :Her Research interest are focussed on Control System, Switched Reluctance Motor, Industrial Drives, Power Electronics.
Meritorious performance for having secured cent percent result in the subjects such as Power System Operation and Control, VLSI,CTPS,CAED.