Mrs. Sulochana.I.Akkalkot is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road Bangalore and has 18 years of experience in teaching. & She has received B.E degree in Electricals & Electronics Engineering from KUD,Dharwad, M.Tech degree in Power Electronics from VTU.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Primary duties of faculty include effective classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students as Proctor, participation in departmental committee work and curriculum development as well as other assigned duties. NBA Co-ordinator for the Departmental NBA activities. Actively participated and co-ordinated the Co-curricular & Extra-curricular activities within the campus. Has organized national, international conferences and workshops and has also attended number of workshops on Reactive power compensation,IEEE-Industry academician interaction ,Energy conversion process, Non Conventional Energy Sources & other renewable energy sources & Control.
Courses Handled :
Basic Electrical Engineering,Analog Electronics Circuits, Network Analysis, Logic Design, Power Electronics, Advanced power electronics, Linear integrated circuits, Power system Analysis, Electrical Power Generation, Power system operation and control, Testing and commissioning, computer techniques in power system analysis,
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : NBA Co-ordinator, Class teacher, Project co-ordinator, Proctor co-ordinator, Time table co-ordinator.
Paper Presentations :
• Ranjith.R, and Sulochana.I.Akkalkot “PMU Based Protection for 14-bus transmission system”,
• Sulochana.I.Akkalkot,and Ranjith.R “Fault Analysis with PMU Data in a Interconnected Network Transmission System with STATCOM”, International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering Science and Technology, ICCTEST – 2017, Organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Kumbalagodu, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-81-93-1119-5-6 Grenze ID: 02. ICCTEST.2017.1.77, p. 1095-1100
workshops attended :
• Five days workshop on “ Raspberry Pi3”, held at DBIT, organized by EEE & TCE Department, Don Bosco Institute of Technology in association with VV Technologies, Tumkur held on 18th to 22nd July 2016
• Three day national workshop on “Importance of Electrical Energy conservation in the present day energy crisis” held at DBIT, Bengaluru on 29th to 31st Oct 2014
• Five days work shop on “Application of MATLAB&SIMULINK FDPAMS-2016”held at BMSIT on i8th-23rd jan 2016.
• Two Days work shop on ‘Reactive Power Management for power transmission and Distribution “held at CPRI on 24th and 25th jan 2017
Research Area :Solar & Wind energy options & other Renewable energy sources, Power & Energy Systems.