Mr. Chandrashekar N S is an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. He is with Don Bosco Group of institution since eight years. He has over 13 years of Industrial marketing and service experience and has over 12 years of teaching in engineering college. He obtained Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Mysore university, Karnataka state, in the year 1990. He obtained Masters degree in VLSI design and Embedded System from VTU university, Karnataka, in the year 2007. His area of specialisation is VLSI Design and its Implementation. He is pursuing Ph.D in Image processing from VTU university.
His vast industrial experience involves designing, assembling, quality testing and marketing which is being amply utilized for teaching purposes in moulding future entrepreneur engineers.
He is exceptionally seasoned and dedicated Engineering Professor with vision and mission having a strong record in both teaching and administration. Adept at explaining highly complex engineering theory and practical subjects in a clear and accessible manner to a student community. Committed to offer interested students his full attention and expertise to help further their academic and professional goals.
Extensive breadth of experience in engineering instruction at the college level, strong ability to deliver course material through a variety of teaching methods and excellent presentation and communication skills. Superior creative and critical thinking abilities, high multitasking ability to balance teaching and administrative duties.
He is providing necessary education counselling as the education adviser to the students for enhancing their performances. Delivered number of lectures on recent technological developments, Planned and executed many educational events for the benefit of the students. He has guided number of engineering projects covering major areas. He has actively involved in research activities in this college in addition to teaching. He implemented various methods to develop relations between students, teaching staffs and administrative staffs.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Mr. Chandrashekar N S has excellent academic performance. He has taught various subjects from basic level to core level. Handled VLSI and Embedded subjects for M.Tech degree students for all four semesters and achieved 100% result. Handled various labs and taught students about experiments related to hardware and software.
He has conducted seminar on “High speed VLSI Design” in this institution to benefit the students in the VLSI field. Main coordinator for “Guest Lecture Programme” and has arranged 6 guest Lecture programmes to bring awareness about the new innovations and developments in Science and technology. As a student mentor, effectively counselled some students who had problem in coping with academic stress and behavioural issues and successfully brought them in to mainstream with good academic results. He has guided many projects both undergraduate and post graduate students in their academic project activities. Conducted “Technical Quiz” program for students. Performed as a class teacher, project coordinator, test invigilator and examination squad, Anti Ragging committee member.
Courses Handled :
He has handled both BE course subjects and M.Tech course subjects related to Electronics and Communication, VLSI and embedded systems with an average of 97% result.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
Mr. Chandrashekar has taken the responsibility of preparing and maintaining the documents about the “Guest Lecture” and “Professional Activity” for the complete 3 years and successfully completed for NBA affiliation. Involved in planning for the entire classroom and lab setup and has helped other faculties in preparing and maintaining the documents for NBA purpose.
International Conference :
• Presented a paper on “A Review on FPGA Implementation of Distributed Canny Edge Detector” at Bangkok, Thailand on 6th -7th January 2017, GrenzID: 02 ICCTEST.2017.1.69.
• Presented a paper “Approach to Recognize Human Emotions” at ICrtSIV-2014 on 21st - 22nd February 2014, at DBIT, Bangalore. ISSN-2250-3005, Vol. 2, Issue 7, pp177-181.
• Published a paper on “A Distributed Canny Edge Detector and Its Implementation on FPGA”, International journal of computational Engineering Research, (IJCER), ISSN-2250-3005, Vol. 2, Issue 7, pp177-181, 2012-13.
• Published a paper on “FPGA Based Area Optimized and Efficient For NMS And Thresholding Used For FPGA Based Canny Edge Detector”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), ISSN 2278-0181 vol.2, Issue1, pp1-5, 2012-13.
• Published a paper on “Image Smoothening Gradient Magnitude and Hystersis Calculation for Canny Edge Detector Using FPGA for Area Optimization“, IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing (IOSR-JVSP), e-ISSN: 2319-4200, p-ISSN No.: 2319-4197 Vol.2, Issue 2, pp 06-09, 2012-13.
• Presented a paper on”NMS and Thresholding Architecture Used For FPGA Based Canny Edge Detector for Area Optimization” DOI: 03.LSCS.2013.2, Page No. 80-84,Apr-13 in Proceedings of fourth International Conference on Control, Communication and Power.
• Presented a Conference paper on “Enhancement of the Communication Switch [FLOSWITCH] BY XEON with Hardware Peripheral Interfacing Devices, Presented in “System Identification and Control Problems” SICPRO09, Mosco, January 26-30, 2009.
National Conference :
• Presented a paper “FPGA implementation and Functional Verification of Pipelined MIPS Processor” in NCWCT-2014 on 24th -25th April 2014 at Dr. AIT, Bangalore.
Seminars & Workshops attended :
• Participated in a one day work shop on LaTeX organized by ISTE-DBIT chapter on 20th March 2014.
• National Seminar NCETEC – 2012 conducted by DBIT, Bangalore April 2012
• Workshop on “CMOS ANALOG DESIGN” conducted at AIT, Chikmagalur on 5th August 2009.
• Workshop on “VLSI DESIGN TECHNOLOGY” conducted at BNMIT, Bangalore on 2008.
• National Workshop on Synthesis and Simulation of HDLs conducted at EWIT, Bangalore from 28th Feb. to 1st March 2008.
• Workshop on “Embedded Technology” conducted at EWIT, Bangalore on 10th September 2007.
• Seminar on 8051 microcontroller with embedded C conducted at MSRIT, Bangalore from 27th Feb. to 29th Feb. 2008.
Research Area :
He is doing research work in Visheswaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka, in the domain “Image Processing with VLSI Implementation”. His title of research is “Advanced Canny Edge Detector Design and its implementation using FPGA”.
• He has got best teacher award in the year 2013.
• He has won the sports awards in shotput, running race and discuss throw in the year 2013.