Mrs. Shruthi G is working as Assistant professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology since 2011. She has 5.6 years of teaching experience. She has completed her BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering at City Engineering College from VTU and M.Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded System at Bangalore Institute of technology from VTU. She is pursuing P.hd in the field of VLSI and Nanotechnology at the Research centre BMSIT, Bangalore from VTU. She has guided 3 projects at PG level and 7 projects at UG level. Her area of Specialisation is Low power VLSI. She has presented and published many papers in reputed international journals. She has presented a research paper in National conference and has awarded as best paper. She has attended many workshop and has been involved in NBA, LIC and Extracurricular activities.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is contributing to the intellectual life of the college by engaging in high quality core teaching and also contributing to the enhancement of quality in teaching within the department. She is been acting as personal adviser and providing pastoral care for the students. She was the co-ordinator of International conference held at Dept. of ECE, DBIT and was involved in the Editorial Committee of the International conference. She was also the co-ordinator of Electronica Forum which is held at Department level and actively contributing to departmental teaching administration.
Courses Handled :
She has handled Network Analysis, Logic Design, Control Systems, Linear Integrated Circuits, Information Theory & Coding, Digital Communication and Power Electronics subjects at UG level and has expertise in Logic design since her area of research is the design of digital circuits. She has very good knowledge in hardware programming languages like Verilog. She has handled hardware programming languages like Digital System Design using Verilog and Fundamentals of HDL.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
She was involved in maintaining the allocation of Budget and Expenditure for the department and also she was involved in uploading the Faculty details for LIC-VTU.
International Conference :
• Shruthi G and Sneha N Desai, “Finger Vein Biometrics for High Security”, International conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology(ICCTEST-2017), from 5th-7th January 2017, Grenze, p. 76-80, ISBN-978-81-931119-5-6 held at Dept. of ECE, DBIT.
• Shruthi G and Sneha N Desai, “Finger Vein Biometrics Approach for Person Identification” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Electronics and Communication engineering, Volume. 5, Issue.4, in April 2016. ISSN: 2278-909X.
• Shruthi G and Vivek S, “Absolute Verification Methodology based Generic Process for Development of Efficient Verification IP’s”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI (ICrtSIV-2015), on 15th and 16th May 2015, IDES, Page No. 393-399, ISBN-978-981-09-6200-5, DOI: 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-38, held at DBIT, Dept. of ECE.
• Yeshwanth E, Shruthi G and Sachin kumara M M, “Efficient Area and Delay Integer DCT Architecture using Modified Transbuffer implemented on FPGA”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI (ICrtSIV-2015), on 15th and 16th May 2015 IDES, Page No. 43-4, ISBN-978-981-09-6200-5, DOI-10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_08, held at DBIT, Dept. of ECE.
• Swathi K S and Shruthi G , “An Efficient Approach of Audio Decoding for both DAB and DAB+ Standards”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI (ICrtSIV-2015), on 15th and 16th May 2015 IDES, Page No. 1-6, ISBN-978-981-09-6200-5, DOI-10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_01, held at DBIT, Dept. of ECE.
• Yeshwanth E and Shruthi G, “Implementation of Reduced Area and delay integer DCT using Modified Transposition Buffer”, IJERT, Volume. 4, Issue. 03, March 2015, ISSN-2278-0181.
• Asha N, Shruthi G. and Tejaswini M. L, “Implementation of Timing Signal Generator (TSG) for RADAR using FPGA”, ICrtSIV-2014 on 21st & 22nd February 2014 held at Dept. of ECE, DBIT.
National Conference :
• Sneha N Desai and Shruthi G, “Finger Vein Biometrics Approach for Person Identification”, NCRTEC-2016, held at GAT, Dept. of ECE on 5th May 2016.
• Swathi K S and Shruthi G, “An Efficient & ASIC Approach of Audio Decoding for both DAB & DAB+ Standards”, held at JIT, Bengaluru, on 20th and 21st Feb 2015.
• Attended 5 Days Faculty Development Programme on “Research Trends in Image Processing & Hands-On using MATLAB (RTIP)” held at DBIT, Dept. of CSE on 20th – 24th January 2015.
• Attended 3 days workshop on “Intel Atom Processor (FICE)” from 24th to 26th February 2014 at DBIT.
• Participated in one day workshop “Quantum Physics in Nanoengineering to Ultra Large Scale Integration (ULSI)” at DBIT on 20 February 2014.
• Participated in “Innovative Skills to be Imparted to the Students by Teachers” at DBIT, Bangalore on July 25th, 2013.
• Participated in “Simulation of Wired and Wireless Networks” three days workshop held in NITK Surathkal, Mangalore on 17-19th June 2013.
Research Area :
Her research area is VLSI and Nanotechnology.
• She has achieved cent percent result in the subject she has handled and is been appreciated by college and awarded the appreciation certification.
• She has presented a paper in National Conference, “An Efficient & ASIC Approach of Audio Decoding for both DAB & DAB+ Standards”, held at JIT, Bengaluru, on 20th and 21st Feb 2015 and secured 2nd prize.