Mr. SK.Fairooz is an Associate Professor in Electronics and Communication Department in DBIT, Bengaluru. He is having total Experience of 16.5 Yrs. He is currently pursuing PhD from JNTU Hyderabad into the research field VLSI. He was post graduated from Osmania University , Hyderabad in the year 2006 with the specialization Digital Systems and Secured Top rank from OU. He was graduated from VJREC, Vijayawada in the year 2000. His expertise in subjects like Network Analysis, Control Systems. He use active and collaborative learning techniques, engage students in experiences, emphasize higher-order cognitive activities in the classroom, interact with students, challenge students academically, and value enriching educational experiences. He is one of the editorial member for annual department magazine ELECTRONICA FORUM 2014, 2015 and also an coordinator of International Conference ICrtSIV 2015. He presented and published several papers in International Conference /Journals Papers.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is very much involved in the academic activities to support the Departmental mission and maintain the functions of Institute. He maintains a progressive record of academic responsibility at DBIT. He is a responsible faculty for ensuring achievement of student learning competencies, collecting assessment data, and submitting Course Summary forms as required. He organized many Quiz competitions among the students to enhance their knowledge out of book and to be updated with the current trends. He has taken additional academic responsibilities like Lab-Incharge of VLSI , HDL , PG-Coordinator , training in technology , Mentoring, Project guidance in UG and PG students .
Courses Handled :
He is one of the eminent faculty members in our department to handle basic subjects where strong fundamental knowledge should be imparted to students. He has handled many subjects like Network Analysis, Control Systems, Electromagnetic theory , Logic design , VLSI design , Testing and verification , Fundamental s of CMOS design and handled various Practical laboratories like Analog Electronic Circuits, , HDL
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
He helped in continued updating of the NBA files and also appointed as NBA coordinator for the years 2013 -2016.
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• A Two- week ISTE workshop on “ Basic Electronics “ Conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay from 28th June to 8th July , 2011.
• A National Convention for Academics and Research, Dec 16-18,2010 ,organized by free software movement of India and hosted by Swecha at Mahindra satyam Technology centre ,Hyderabad .
• A Three Day workshop on ,” Analog and Mixed Signal Design,” Jointly organised by Department of Electronics and Communicatiion Engineering ,JNTUH College of Engineering ,Hyderabad Cadence Design systems ,Bangalore .
• AICTE Sponsored faculty development programme on ,“ Advanced Microprocessors and Microcontrollers ( AMM-2010),” organized jointly by the departments of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering of NIT,Calicut from 12th July to 17th July 2010.
• A Seminar conducted on “Design and Verify signal processing and communication systems “by math works at hitech city ,Hyderabad on 14th APRIL 2009.
• A Three Day Symposium conducted by IEEE VLSI Design and Test Symposium (VDAT2008) at Bangalore by the VLSI-Society of India form July 23-26, 2008.
• A Two Day workshop on “DSP Processors and Embedded Systems “ conducted by the ECE dept. ,B.V.R.I.T- MEDAK from 9th Feb to 10th Feb 2007.
• Short -term course on “Mobile Computing and Embedded Systems” conducted by the Dept . of CSE , GNITS – Hyderabad from 29th Jan 2004 to 31st Jan 2004.
• Short course on “Applications of Embedded Systems” conducted by the Dept . of CSE , Gurunanak Engg . College ,Secunderabad from 29th Nov 2004 to 3rd Dec 2004.
• Short -term course on “Embedded systems Design ” conducted by the Dept . of EVE , VITS – Hyderabad from 8th Dec 2003 to 13th Dec 2003.
• A seminar was given on “ MULTIMEDIA AND VIDEO COMPRESSION “, 1-2 August 2008, in National conference conducted by Aurora’a Scientific , Technological Research Academy, Hyderabad.
• A seminar was given on “ VLSI DESIGN AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS “, 14-16 Feburary 2008, in International conference conducted by VELAMMAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE , Chennai.
• A seminar was given on “Quality of Service in wireless LAN “in ELECTRON – 04 , a national level symposium by CMRCET in Feb.2004.
• A seminar was given on “Three Issues in Wireless Networking “, 29th June 2005, in national technical meet conducted by SHCST , Hyderabad.
• S.K. Fairooz ,” Analysis of the H.264/SVC and Distributed Video Codec for Temporal Scalability ”, 2nd International conference on recent trends in signal Processing ,Image Processing & VLSI ,Organized by department of Electronics and Communication Engineering on 15th & 16th May 2015.
• S.K. Fairooz,”Enhancement of medical image fusion using Joint Sparse Method”, 2nd International conference on recent trends in signal Processing ,Image Processing & VLSI ,Organized by department of Electronics and Communication Engineering on 15th & 16th May 2015.
• S.K. Fairooz, “OFDM Architecture that can be confined for 802.11a and DAB Mode III ”, 2nd International conference on recent trends in signal Processing ,Image Processing & VLSI ,Organized by department of Electronics and Communication Engineering on 15th & 16th May 2015.
• S.K.Fairooz , “ SoC Modeling for video coding with superscalar Projection”, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Advances in Computing and Information Technology (ACITY) July 13-15 Chennai, India - Volume 2, AISC 177, pp.787-795,springer-2013.
• S.K.Fairooz,”Cross Layer Soc Design For Scalable Video Streaming”, International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Science and Management ,IEEE-(ICAESM -2012),pp 67-72, IEEE-2012 , Print ISBN:978-1-4673-0213-5, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu.
• S.K.Fairooz,” SoCModeling of Scalable Video Streaming Processors”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging trends in VLSI, Embedded and Nano Technologies, January 27 - 28, 2011.at GCET,Hyderabad.
• SK.FAIROOZ,“SoC Modeling of Scalable Video Streaming processors ,” Emerging Trends in VLSI, Embedded and Nano Technologies ,NC-EVENT2011 Organised by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering held on Jan 27-28 ,2011
• SK.FAIROOZ ,” Rescuing Moore’s law with Multigate Technology ,” at New Innovations in Computations and Electronics ,NICE 2010,Conducted by Department of Electronics and communication Engineering on 20th and 21st Oct 2010.
• K.Murthy Raju, A. Mallikarjuna Prasad , SK.Fairooz “Asynchronous Congession Avoidance For Wireless Cellular Networks “ conducted by DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING , PSG College of Technology .ICAICV-2010, Aug 6-7th 2010, Coimbatore .
• SK.FAIROOZ , T. K. Shaik Shavali “A Geometrical Invariant Moment Approach For Image Recognition “ , International Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics ,ICSCI-2010 , Jan 27-30, Hyderabad , INDIA
• SK.FAIROOZ ,“CROSS LAYER SoC DESIGN FOR SCALABLE VIDEO STREAMING “ , International conference on modeling and simulation , MS O9 , INDIA , DEC 1-3 2009 by department of electronics and communication ,COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, TRIVANDRUM, KERALA, INDIA
• SK.FAIROOZ has participated in the International Conference on VLSI Design and Embedded systems (ICVLSI ’08) organized by Velammal Engineering college ,Chennai.
• Fairooz SK ,” Reliable Error free Coding for Resource Constraint Soc Design”, IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing (IOSR-JVSP) Volume 6, Issue 6, Ver. II (Nov. - Dec. 2016), PP 29-40 e-ISSN: 2319 – 4200, p-ISSN No. : 2319 – 4197. Impact Factor : 2.82
• Fairooz SK, “LOW POWER HYBRID 1-BIT FULL ADDER CIRCUIT OPTIMIZATION”, International Journal Engineering science and computing, Volume 6 Issue No.6, Jun 2016 , ISSN :2319-7242 , Impact factor : 4.3098
• S.K.Fairooz ,”Reliable Error Free Coding For Resource Constraint Soc Design”, International Journal of Advanced Computing, ISSN: 2051-0845, Vol.46, Issue.3 ,Impact Factor : 1.2
• S.K.Fairooz ,” Resolution and Scaling Video Coding For SoCs in Digital Modeling”, International Journal of Information and Education Technology, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp 490-493, 2012. ISSN:2277-3754 , Impact Factor :0.477
• T.K.Shaik Shavali , Dr T. Bhaskara Reddy , Sk Fairooz “RELIABLE ROUTING WITH OPTIMIZED POWER ROUTING FOR WIRELESS ADHOC NETWORK” in International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS) has been Published
• S.K.Fairooz , ” Scalable video codec for minimum error in progressive streaming” ,is being communicated to The International journal of VLSI design & Communication Systems (VLSICS), IMPACT FACTOR: 1.0,ISSN : 0976 – 1357
Research Area :
• Secured Top 3 in the year B.Tech 2000.
• Secured University top 4 in Osmani university 2003
• Secured University top in M.E 2006.
• Best teacher award in the year 2012.
• Recieved good performance award in maitianing the dept.