Mr. Ravindranath K, working as Assistant professor in department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore having 5 years of teaching and research experience. He has completed Master of technology and pursuing P.hD degree from Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum. He has incurred skills on Aptitude, Programming in MATLAB during the academic experience in the college. He has cleared national level examination UGC-NET for three times in 2013, 2014, 2015 his expertise is in communication with analog design. Aiming at outcome based education continuous monitoring of indirect and direct assessment of students is been carried out at end of every semester and academic year. Suggestions from assessment are used as powerful tool to retain and change part of programme educational objectives, programme objectives, vision and mission of college. Valid suggestions from stake holders are incurred in his style of teaching which has impact on the results obtained at university level. Funded projects from. Texas instruments, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, KSCST, and Motorola were completed during the previous academic years.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He has been proactively participating in all the responsibilities allotted during the academic sessions wherein he was project co-ordinator guiding all the eighth semester students to strictly follow the guidelines and deadlines instructed by university, As a INTEL FICE co-ordinator helped students to take up mini projects using atom processors. He has obtained the results greater than 90% in all the subjects handled. He has been continuously involved in mentoring, project guidance and other department activities.
Courses Handled :
He is the most dynamic and flexible faculty handling subjects at various semesters of graduation and post graduation levels. He has always tried to bridge the gap between theory and practical sessions in view of that he handled various beyond syllabi programmes, sharing knowledge with students other than academics. He has inspired students by handling subjects, Analog Electronics, Microprocessors, Basic electronics, CMOS RF, Advanced Microcontroller, Real time operating system, Embedded System, Logic Design Lab, Microcontroller Lab, Microprocessor Lab, Power electronics Lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
He has efficiently updated the student’s success rate by extracting the result analysis thereby obtaining direct assessment of program outcomes, which played an important role in NBA accreditation. He was active member in the preparation of presentation slides at higher level.
Research Publications & Paper presentations :
• Ravindranath K Bhagya P Sushma G, “Detection of Liver Hypertrophy at the Cellular Level”, International Conference of on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI, Organized by Department of ECE , DBIT , Bangalore, India , ISSN: 2214-0344, DOI: 03.AETS.2014.5.367Page No. 383-388
• Mahesh P K Shashiranjan Ravindranath K , “A Robust and Novel Approach for Palm print Recognition”, International Conference of on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI, Organized by Department of ECE , DBIT , Bangalore, India , ISSN: 2214-0344, DOI: 03.AETS.2014.5.381Page No. : 442-448
• Ravindranath K, Sushma G, Narendra Reddy K , Girish J R “Efficient Segmentation of Liver Tissue to Detect Liver Hypertrophy at the Cellular level by Extracting Nucleus”, ICrtSIV-2015, Organized by Department of ECE , DBIT , Bangalore, India , ISSN: 978-981-09-6200-5, DOI: 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-32 Page No. 352-359
• Venupriya Somashekar,Ravindranath.K, “Low Power Techniques For Field Programmable Gate Array”, ICrtSIV-2015, Organized by Department of ECE , DBIT , Bangalore, India , ISSN: 978-981-09-6200-5, DOI: 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_12 Page No. 69-73
• Ravindranath k , Shiva Prasad “Local Edge-Preserving Multiscale Decomposition for High Dynamic Range Image Tone Mapping International Journal of Advanced research in electronics and communication engineering, Vol.5, issue 5 May 2016,Page No. 1312-1318.
• Ravindranath K, Sushma G, “Automation of Liver Hypertrophy at the cellular level” ICCTEST 2017 Organized by Department of ECE , DBIT , Bangalore, India , ISBN: 978-81-931119-5-6, Page No. 879-886
Research Area :
His area of research is Medical Imaging where he aims in automatic detection of liver cancer at early stage.
• Cleared UGC NET exam conducted by UGC, DEC – 2013, 2014, 2015.
• Resource person for the two day workshop on image processing at CBIT Kolar.
• Resource person for five day FDP on Recent trends in Image processing using MATLAB conducted by department of CSE at DBIT Bangalore.
• Resource person for five day FDP on Recent trends in Image processing using MATLAB conducted by department of ECE at Raja Rajeshwari College of Engineering Bangalore.
• Delivered a key note speak on Image processing at CBIT Kolar.
• Delivered a key note speak on Image processing at ACS College of Engineering Bangalore.
• INTEL FICE innovative Program coordinator.
• MOS and MTA coordinator.
• Completed project for TIIC IDC 2015 semi-finalists.
• Ongoing project sponsored by FAER Motorola.
• Completed project sponsored by KSCST.
• Best paper award for the paper “Detection of liver hypertrophy by detecting cellular changes in liver” at ICrtSIV – 2014.