Mr. Shashi Ranjan is Currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Electronics & Communication Engineering department at Don Bosco Institute of Technology,Bangalore. He has Eight years of Working Experience in Teaching. He has Completed B.E in Electronics & Communication from VTU, Belagavi , M.Tech in Embedded System (ECE) from JNTU, Kakinada and pursuing Ph.D in Speech Processing from VTU, Belgaum (karnataka). He is Expertise in the field of Speech Processing, Embedded System and Communication System.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is sincerely committed to his innovative and efficient Teaching. He focuses on outcome based teaching methodology .He always motivates the students for achieving academic excellence.He is also engaged in Research activities, Mentoring, Project Guidance and other Department related activities.
Courses Handled :
He handled core subjects like Antennas & Propagation , Microwave & RADAR , Power Electronics, Logic Design , Basic Electronics. and handed labs like power electronics lab, logic Design Lab, Advanced Communication Labs, Microcontroller lab, Microprocessor Lab
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
He plays a vital role in updation of NBA file time to time and maintains the record as per the requirements .
International Conferences :
• “Voiceprint Authentication System to Securely Verify and ProtectPersonal Identity”,DBIT,Bangalore/Thiland ,6th Jan’2017,Conference proceedings ,page 1056-1058, 978-81-931119-5-6.
• “Local Edge-Preserving Multiscale Decomposition for high Dynamic Range Image Tone Mapping’’, DBIT,Bangalore, ICrtSIV-2015 ,feb 2015, Page No. 421-432, 978-981-09-6200-5, 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-42
• “ Design And Implementation Of Digital Costas Loop For Radio Receivers’’ ,DBIT,Bangalore, ICrtSIV-2015 ,feb 2015, Page No. 421-432, 978-981-09-6200-5, 10.3850/978-981-09-6200-5_D-42
• “Generating an Efficient Crypto-Biometric Key using Finger Print and Fuzzy Vault’’ ,DBIT,Bangalore, ICrtSIV-2014, feb 2014, Proceedings of International Conference of on Recent Trends in Signal Processing, Image Processing and VLSI, ISSN: 2214-0344.
National Conferences :
• Presented technical paper titled “ An efficient design of security accelerator for wireless sensor network in MILAGRO-2012” A National level Symposium.
• Presented /Authored paper titled “ANALOG VLSI DESIGN OF MULTIPHASED VOLTAGE DOUBLERS WITH FREQUENCY REGULATION” in national confrence NCETETA -2009 held at Shirdi sai engg. College,bangalore.
• Presented /Authored paper titled “MODIFIED DISTRIBUTED MEDIATION DEVICE FOR LOW POWER CONSUPTON IN LARGE SCALE SENSOR NETWORK” in national confrence NCETETA -2009 held at Shirdi sai engg. College,bangalore.
• Presented /Authored paper titled BLUETOOTH Vs Wi-Fi in Advaya ’11,A National Level Technical Symposium.
• Presented /Authored paper titled”High Performance Energy Efficient Multicore Embedded Computing in LI’VAZ-12 A National Level Technical Symposium.
Workshops /FDP Attended :
• Participated in the SDP on “Electrical Machine Control Based on DSP” conducted by “Shirdi Sai Engg College”, Bangalore.
• Participated in the AICTE sponsored Staff Development Program on Intelligent E-Technolgy & Web computing” conducted by “Shirdi Sai Engg College”, Bangalore.
• Participated in the Staff Development Program on Planar Transmission Lines ,Application of High Power RF & Microwave conducted in “Sir MVIT college of Engg”, Bangalore.
• Participated in the “Crash Course on PHOTOSHOP & FLASH” conducted by “DreamWaves Technology” Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
• Participated in work shop on “ARM 9” conducted by “ISM University of Skills”, Bangalore.
• Participated in three day work shop on “MICROFABICATION & NANOTECHNOLOGY” conducted in “Shirdi Sai Engg. College”, Bangalore, supported & catalyzed by VTU, Belgaum, ISRO,DRDO (Govt. of india)
• Participated in the seminar titled Introduction to CORTEX M3 Organised by Epitome Technology,Bangalore.
• Participated in the HRD programme for faculty covering subject such as principle of organisation,self development student council leadership human relation, teaching learning conducted at IHM, Bangalore
• Participated in the Workshop on “FPGA BASED EMBEDDED SYSTEM DESIGN “ Organised by JSS Academy Of Technical Education, Bangalore
• Attended workshop on Recent trends in Image processing and hands on in Matlab from 20th jan to 24th jan 2015 at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
Research Area :
His research area is Speech processing and is engaged in Ph.D work from the past one year.
• He is been appreciated by college and awarded the appreciation certification for 100% results in the subject Antennas & Propagation in VIth sem Dept. of ECE .
• The project Titled ‘’Thermistor Respiratory Monitor System”was Approved and Funded 40,000(forty thousand ) rupees by VGST, Department of Science and Technology ,Government of Karnataka Under his Guidance/ Supervision.
• Currently he is pursuing Ph.D in Speech Processing from VTU, Belgaum under the Supervision of Dr. Mahesh P K .
• In Jan 2017 he has presented paper titled ‘Voiceprint Authentication System to Securely Verify and Protect Personal Identity’in Bangkok, Thailand.