Mrs. Parvathi C is presently working as an Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru. She is having a total experience of 10.5 years which includes both industrial and academic experience. She is currently pursuing PhD from VTU in the research field Wireless Sensor Networks.She obtained her B.E. in Information Science and Engineering from Bangalore college of engineering, VTU with FCD. She earned M.Tech in Computer Networks and Engineering from Reva Institute of Technology and Management, VTU with FCD. She is a skilled trainer in various subjects like C, shell Programming and labs such as System Software, DBMS, Networks Lab. She has presented and published several papers in International Conference Papers. She is a student life coordinator of department forum.
Academic & Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Worked as Campus Connect Coordinator for Infosys, which includes training the students for different technical events, mini projects, Goupdiscussion , and have secured Silver Certificate award in INSPIRATIION , Infosys, and Bonze Certificate award in INSPIRATIOV in 2014 and 2015 respectively.Worked as Placemnt coordinator from 2010-2011 and have helped students in preparing for Technical and Non Technical Rounds of interviews.As a mentor I have encouraged studetns to present papers in National Conference and the students have secured Best paper Award at JIT, Bangalore in 2014, Also many students have pariticpated in Coding contest and won prize both in Bangalore and Mysore.As a Project Co-ordinator, Final year project of students under my guidance have gian the grants of Rs 5500/- under Students Sponserd Project 37th Series, KSCST, Bangalore and the same was selected for State level Project Exhibition held at Hubli in 2014.Have Conducted various events under Department forum activities as Student Forum Coordinator.As a Class teacher , have motivated students to participate in inter college events both academic and non academic. Handled sessions for Singapore Students Immerssion Program in 2016.
Courses Handled :
e is an effective teacher who provides a strong foundation in conceptual subjects like Software Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Networks –I, Advance Computer Architecture, Adhoc Networks, Wireless Networks, Advanced Computer Networks. Also she trains the students to program effectively in programming languages like Unix Shell Programming and Database Management System.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• Parvathi C, Suresha,”An Architectural Framework with multilayered security paradigm for wsn”, International Conference on Current trends in engineering Science and Technology ICCTEST 2017, Organized by DBIT, Bangalore, Janauray 5th 2017
• MeghanaGowda A V, Parvathi C ,”Energy Aware Cluster Based Hierarchical Routing Protocol For Wireless Sensor Networks”International Journal of Research in Science and Engineering,e-ISSN: 2394-8299, p-ISSN: 2394-8280 , May 2015.
• Guruprasad M C, Parvathi C,”Energy efficient aware routing algorithm based on hierarchical protocol for improving network lifetime in WSN”,International Journal for tecgnological Research in Engineering,ISSN(online) : 2347-4718,May 2015.
• Parvathi C, Suresha, “Existing Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Network – A study”
• International Journal of Computational Engineering Research(IJCER-14), August 2014.
• Sowmya K M ,Parvathi C “Guidance Based Multihop Broadcast Protocol For Asynchronous Duty-Cycled Wireless Sensor Networks” International Journal of Advance Research In Science And Engineering http://www.ijarse.com,IJARSE, Vol. No.3, Issue No.6, June 2014 ISSN-2319-8354(E) ,www.ijarse.com. June 2014.
• Muktha, Parvathi c, Reliable routing for Efficient Data Gathering and Aggregation in WSN ,National Conference on " Emerging Trends in Electronics and Communication" (NCETEC-14),Organized by BGSIT,Mandya,April 2014.
• Parvathi C,Yashaswini M S Gowda,NIsha P, Usha M B, “Identifying and Detaching Failed Sensor Nodes From WSNs to Improve QoS”,National Conference on " Emerging Trends in Engeineering Technologies" (ETET-2014),Organized by JyothiIntitute of Technology,Bangalore, Feb 2014.
• Paravthi C "E-AAK - a Secure Intrusion - Detection Manets",National Conference on "Decision Science and Big Data" (NCDSBD-13), Organized by BTLIT, Bangalore, April 2013.
• Rashmi R, Parvathi C,” A Framework for Secure and Efficient Data Acquisition in Vehicular Adhoc Networks”, Natinal Conference on Recent Trends In Communication and Networking (NCRTCN-2013), Organized by DBIT, Bangalore,March 2013.
• Parvathi C, Suresha “ Secure Identification of the Malicious Sensor Motes Using Empirical Evaluation of Trust Value in Wireless Sensor Network” 2012 , National Conference on " Recent Trends in Technology and engineering" RATE-2012 , Organized by T.John Institute of Technology, Bangalore, March 2012.
• VeerendraPatil H V, Parvathi C,”Study on 4G Communication Architecture Components for Cloud Computing”,2012,National Conference on " Emerging Trends in Engineering Technologies" (ETET-2012), Organized by Jyothi Institute of Technology, Bangalore,March 2012.
• "Recent Advances in Materials Science RAMS-11",Seminar, Organized by DBIT, Bangalore.
• Five days FEP (Faculty Enablement Program), at INFOSYS , Mysore, Feb 2011.
• One day Workshop on " LTE Technology"Ogrganized by REVA, Bangalore, September 2011
• "Recent Advances in Materials Science RAMS-11" Seminar, Organized by DBIT, Bangalore, Oct-2011
• Inspiration, Organized by INFOSYS, Bangalore ,May 2014.
• Five days Workshop on “NS2, JAVA & CCP” , organised by SVCE, Bangalore, July 14th July – 18th July 2014
Research Area :Wireless Sensor Networks.