Mr. Giridhar Gowda working as Associate Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department having 14 Yrs of Teaching Experience in DBIT, Bengaluru. He did post graduation from BEC, Bagalkot in the year 2008 with the specialization of Computer Science and Engineering He did graduation from BCE, Shravanabelagola from Mysore University. He studied Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering from Sandur Polytechnic, Sandur in1997. He use active and collaborative learning techniques, engage students in experiences, emphasize higher-order cognitive activities in the classroom, interact with students, challenge students academically, and value enriching educational experiences. He attended various faculty development programs in india , helped him to deliver effective teaching with cutting edge technologies to graduate and post gradute students. His interesting subjects are microprocessors, microcontrollers, programming languages , Data mining and BigData.
Academic & Co-curricular Responsibilities :
Working in different roles. Evaluating projects executed by final year students. Conducting conferences, faculty development programs at national and international levels. Developing real time projects with cutting edge technologies. Mentoring the students in different ways like Centre Academics Head, Research coordinator, Identifying the strengths of the students to encourage them to implement their aim. Motivating the students to interact with the industries to know their future platform. Encouraging the students to think differently to solve and face the problems or situation. Making them to understand and realize the value of professional ethics. Providing the awareness of research in the computer science field so that the interested can start presenting the papers, attend the national and international conferences to enhance their knowledge. Always supportive to overall growth of the students with respective to academics as well as co-curricular activities.
Courses Handled :
He is one of the eminent faculty members in our department to handle basic subjects where strong fundamental knowledge should be imparted to students. He has handled many subjects like data base management systems, object oriented analysis and design , data warehousing and data mining, microprocessors and microcontrollers , computer concepts and ‘c’ programming , computer organization , computer networks , operating systems , distributed systems , web services , managing big data, microprocessors and microcontrollers
Coordinator of CIS(Computer Society of India) , NBA Coordinator
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• ‘An Automatic System for Facial Expression Classification By Utilizing Artificial Intelligence Techniques’ / International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Applications / ISSN:2321-872X(O),Volume 3, Issue 2, Apr_Jun 2015, Page No 101-112 .
• Presented a paper titled , ‘An Automtic Classification of IVF data by Utilizing Multilayer Perceptron Alforithm’, in the International Conference in Current Trends in Science and Technolgy (ICCTEST-2017),At DBIT Bengaluru -74, Karnataka on 5th , January 2017,pp: 6-11.
• Presented a paper titled, ''Sensitivity Analysis of Wavelets by Using different types of Noisy Images’ in Technostava-08 at DBIT, Bengalure.
• Attended and Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Computer Programming ” at IIT, Mumbai on 26 th - 29th Dec 2015.
• Attended and Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Android Applications” at NMIT, Nitte on 26 th - 29th Dec 2012.
• Attended and Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Linux Secrets” at MSIT, Kuttipuram, Kerala on 16 th - 21th AUG 2008
• Attended and Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Wavelets and Its Applications” at BEC, Bagalkot Nitte on 02 th - 07th May 2008
• Attended and Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Image Processing and Its Applications” at GNDEC, Bidar on 26 th - 29th Jan 2008
Research Area :Image Processing , Data Mining and BigData.
• Good results have been produced for various subjects (Average of all results till date is 95%). Developed real time projects with cutting edge technologies.