Mrs. Merin Thomas is an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department having 6 Yrs of Experience in DBIT, Bengaluru. She is currently pursuing PhD from VTU in the research field of Machine Learning. She was post graduated from VTURRC, Bengaluru in the year 2013. She was graduated from Calicut University, Kerala in the year 2007. She use active and collaborative learning techniques, engage students in experiences, emphasize higher-order cognitive activities in the classroom, interact with students, challenge students academically, and value enriching educational experiences. She is one of the faculties in Singapore student immersion program and trained students. She presented and published several papers in International Conference and journals. She was the co-convener for five days faculty Development program on Image Processing which was held successfully at DBIT. She acts as the co-ordinator for Spoken Tutorial for nmietc project under IIT BOMBAY.
Academic & Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is very responsible faculty handling her duties to her best. She ensures academic excellence and overall performance of the students . She actively involves in training the students in their programming skills. She has taken additional academic responsibilities like conducting workshops, Mentoring, Project guidance, Coordinator and other related activities.
Courses Handled :
She is one of the eminent faculty members in our department to handle basic subjects where strong fundamental knowledge should be imparted to students. She has handled many core subjects of computer science like Operating system, Analysis and design of algorithms, Computer organisation and design, Graph Theory and programming languages like c, java, scripting languages html,css,php,perl.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA :
She has taken a good role as NBA Result Analysis Coordinator 2013-2016.Spoken tutorial co-ordinator an initiative from IIT BOMBAY to train the students.
Paper Publications, Presentations, Seminars, Conferences & Workshops attended :
• “Sentimental analysis of movie reviews in Kannada”, at International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST) – ISSN: 2347-8578 Volume 4 Issue 3, May - Jun 2016 .
• “Comparison of Lexicon and Naïve Bayes classifier in Sentimental Analysis”at International Journal for scientific Research & Development, ISBN: 23210613, Volume 3 Issue 4 published in June 2015.
• “Data Integrity Protection in Cloud Computing” at International Journal for scientific Research & Development, ISBN: 2321 0613, Volume 3 Issue 4 published in June 2015.
• “Online Multiplex Using Cloud Content Delivery Network” at International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and SoftwareEngineering (IJARCSSE), ISSN: 2277 128X, ISBN: 2277 6451 Paperid: V3I5-0354, Volume 3 Issue 5 published in May 2013.
• “Domain Based sentimental analysis for Kannada”. RTCIET- IEEE, International conference 2016 published in the IEEE Xplorer.
• “An algorithm for the enhancement of security in cloud content delivery network” at ETEC-2013, paperid: ETEC-048.
• “A new model for automated election –An Indian Scenario” at CITAM 2011,Paperid:CITAM-084
• “A paper on Framework –what, why and how?” at RCCIT 2011 Paper id:RCCIT11- F34
Research Area :Machine Learning
• Qualified GATE 2013.