A Jaswanth Gowda is working as Assistant Professor and Construction in-charge Coordinator in the Department of Civil Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru having 2 years of teaching experience and 2 years of industrial experience of Project management, planning, construction supervision, monitored and implementing technical solutions for designing of various construction projects. He is pursuing Ph.D from Visvesvaraya technological university and Post Graduate diploma in Environmental Law from National Law School of India University. He completed his Master degree in Environmental Engineering and B.E degree in Civil Engineering from VTU, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is effective in classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, active participant in departmental committee work and curriculum development and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically by adopting modern technical teaching methods like ppt and visiting industrial sites, as well as other assigned duties.
Courses Handled :
Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Environmental Engineering, Basic Surveying, Building materials and construction Technology, Basic material testing lab, Surveying practice lab, Extensive survey lab, Environmental Engineering Lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Time Table coordinator, Workshop & seminar coordinator, Industrial visit, Cultural & Sports coordinator, Project & seminar coordinator.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• “Fuzzy based Air Quality Indices at Iron Ore Mine Area”, Volume. 5 - Issue.04, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181,www.ijert.org
• “Concentration and Distribution of Particulate Matter in Subbarayanahalli Iron Ore Mine,Sandur, Karnataka, India - A Case “study”, Volume: 04 Issue: 0, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology eISSN: 2319-1163, pISSN: 2321-7308, www.ijret.org
• Conceptualization of Smart Cities –Making the Invisible Visible” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
• Participated All India seminar on “sustainable Development and Watershed Management” Organized by Institute of Engineers, India and Karnataka Environmental Research Foundation.
• Participated in the National “Environmental and water resource management” organized by JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bengaluru.
• Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on Personality Development Conducted at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
Research Area :Environmental and water resource management