Manjularani P is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru having 3.6 years of experience in teaching. She has received B.E degree in Civil Engineering from VTU, Belagavi, and M.E degree in Earthquake Engineering from Bangalore University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is effective in classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, active participant in departmental committee work and curriculum development and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically by adopting modern technical teaching methods like ppt and visiting industrial sites, as well as other assigned duties.
Courses Handled :
Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Design of steel structures, Design of RCC structural elements, Structural analysis, Surveying, Geotechnical engineering, Hydraulics and hydraulic machines, Estimation and valuation, Building materials and construction technology, Design & drawing of steel structures, Concrete & highway materials lab, Computer aided design lab, Surveying practice lab, Extensive survey, Hydraulics and hydraulic machines lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Workshop & seminar coordinator, Time table coordinator, Industrial visit, Project & seminar coordinator, Student discipline committee.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• “Augmenting the properties of Black Cotton Soil Using Additives” in International Journal of New Technology and Research (IJNTR), ISSN: 2454-4116, Vol-1, Pg 42-45. July 2015.
• “Soil Nail Wall for Deep Excavation and Its Performance under Seismic Conditions” in proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference IGC-2014, Dec 18-20, Pg 438-444.
• “Seismic analysis of soil nail performance in deep excavation” in International journal of Geo- Engineering, ISSN:2198-2783, July- 2016, Publisher: Springer Berlin Heidelberg
• “Soil Nail Wall for Deep Excavation and Its Performance under Seismic Conditions” Indian Geotechnical Conference IGC-2014, Dec 18-20, Kakinada, India.
• “Static and Dynamic Analysis of Soil Nail Wall and Retaining Wall for Vertical Cut” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
• “Effect of Wind Load on Tall R C Buildings by P-Delta Analysis” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
Workshops & Seminar :
• Three day training “Capacity Building of Architects & engineers in Earthquake risk reduction” held at UVCE Bangalore on12 to 14 oct 2011
• Three day National level Work Shop “Water planning & management for sustainability” held at Bhemmana Khandra Institute of Technology on25 to 27 april 2014.
• Three day National level Work Shop “Earthquake Resistant Practices in Civil Engineering” held at Bhemmana Khandra Institute of Technology on 9 to 10 mar 2015.
• National technical seminar on “Modren Technologies in Civil Engineering” held at DBIT Bangalore on 15th & 16th September 2016.
• Faculty development programme on “ Personality development” held at DBIT conducted on 22nd & 23rd july 2015
• International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Member no- 140869
Research Area :Stability of soil, soil dynamics, structural dynamics